Friday, January 11, 2008

The weekend.

It is FINALLY the weekend! We'll have Pappa home with us. :))

Yesterday Fredrik came home a few hours early from work, to "work from home." :/ :)) He told me this morning that he will probably come home early today, too, to "work from home." :/ :) Luckily, his boss encourages him to work from home. He knows that people want to be home. His boss is young, also with young children, so that helps a lot.

His office works longer shifts during the Winter months, because it is so nasty outside. And then during the summer, they work shorter shifts, so that people can go home earlier and enjoy the wonderful Swedish summer.

Leia woke up almost at midnight last night. And she ate well, but she didn't want to sleep. I put her in bed and she started talking.. :/ :) And laughing and playing. So, I decided that since I couldn't sleep, I would take her downstairs with me. I put her in her baby gym for a few minutes, and I took out the sofa bed. And then she and I got in bed, and we both fell asleep around 01.00, and we slept until Leia woke up at 06.00. :) So, I got some sleep last night. Didn't fall asleep when I wanted to, but at least a little earlier.

For some reason, I thought I would fall asleep if I slept with her. And it worked! She would have fallen asleep if I had left her in her bed. She does that every now and then, when she is wide awake, but if you leave her in bed with something to play with, she will eventually start to rub her eyes and fall asleep. (Which is heaven, to not have to keep her occupied during the middle of the night like that.) But I kept her with me selfishly.. :)

So she slept from 19-00.00 and then from 01.00-06.00. About 10 hours total then. Not bad. :)

And she doesn't mind co-sleeping now. She HATED it when she was born and her first couple of months. But now she really likes it. Right before she fell asleep, she was looking out the window at some lights, and she turned her head to me and smiled and closed her eyes and fell asleep.... :) AHhh... :)))

I put her in her baby gym after she ate at 06.00 and Pappa got up for work at that time, too. And I napped some more until he left. And then when he left, she was still fine and wanting to play, so she played in her baby gym and I napped some more.

Leia has been sleeping in her crib now for the last 2 hours or so.. :) It seems to work better to let her decide when she wants to nap.. :/ If I put her down for a nap, she sleeps so-so and not very long. But when she decides she wants to sleep (if she wants to sleep), then it always works out better.

Mormor and Morfar can't get over how well behaved Leia is, and how easy she is to take care of. :) (And they've taken care of plenty of children during the years. They even now babysit a little boy (1 year old) one day a week.) Which isn't the baby we had for her first 6 weeks.. :/ :) She is such a happy baby and so easy-going. :) She only whines if she is hungry. Not even if she is tired. If she is tired, she'll just fall asleep, no matter where she is. :)

And no worries, I'm taking my iron tablet.. :P

The breastfeeding has completely stopped, btw.. :/ Leia just eats too much. When I told the midwife how much she eats, she completely understood why we have to use formula (modersmjölkersättning.. did I spell that right?!). I am a bit sad about it, and feel bad that she isn't getting it, since it is so good for her. I was hoping to breastfeed between 6-9 months or so, but some times it doesn't work like you want it. She received 2 months worth, which is better than nothing at least. I would pump, but I don't have the time. And with us being sick and not sleeping, my production is completely gone now.

And we are anxiously awaiting to start her on solids. I really wanna give her some kind of baby-oatmeal. She really needs the bulk food. I think that is the only way she is going to sleep through the night. She wakes up so incredibly hungry during the night.

She can easily eat 7 ounces (210 ml) and then 2 hours later eat another 5 ozs (150 ml). She easily goes through at least 1 liter a day (1/3 of a gallon), which is more what a 4 month old should be eating. But I think we can now start to give her the next step-up in formula, which hopefully will give her more bulk, or something at least.. :/ :)

Who knows, maybe what she is eating is normal, maybe it is.. I've never daily fed a 3 month old before. But the midwife thought it was a lot at least.

Blah blah blah... :)

Fredrik is still tired all the time.. He has no energy at all.. :/ I told him it will take awhile for him to get that back. I feel better today after getting some sleep last night. I could easily sleep now, which annoys me that I have so much trouble falling asleep at bed time.. :/

I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention something, I always do.. :P
More later..

No comments: