Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rain, hail, sleet, or snow...

...No, not a mailman, but a Swedish mom and her stroller... :)

I'll do it all except the rain.. :/ I won't go out if it is raining. :/ :)

Leia. Leia. Leia. Giving us some sleeping troubles. She is waking very frequently through the night and wanting to eat lots and lots. :/ Fredrik and I are both extremely anxious to start testing her on something with a little more consistency. We both think that is what she needs to help her settle down a little. We mentioned to the BVC nurse of giving it to her earlier (the boxes and jars say 4 months - but we are only 1 week from 4 months) and I thought she was going to skin us alive for even thinking about giving her solids before she hit the exact minute of turning 4 months........
Especially since all babies are the same, didn't you know!

I think concerning Leia, I miss being in the US. I don't trust these BVC people at all. Maybe if we saw a doctor all the time, but we don't. I think I really wish that we saw a pediatrician (barnläkare) regularly instead of the BVC "nurse." They are too textbook in Sweden when it comes to stuff like that. (Concerning babies in general, at least that has been our experience.)
Enough complaining!

So, we are anxious to let her taste some juice and food.

We were going to try to visit with Aina today, but we could never get ahold of her. :(
Maybe Fredrik can give a ring this morning to see if she is home.

We found a "walker" that we like, and I finally figured out what they are called in Swedish! A "gåstol" is what we are going to get for Leia. We think it will help her LOTS. Since she wants to stand all the time (sitting isn't even good enough now). This way she can stand, and work her legs, and I can move her into whatever room we are in and she can join me in her chair. We want (need) to get a highchair (barnstol), too.





Fredrik looked at the store in Bengtsfors (where he works) but they didn't have anything at all. So, we are going to try the store outside of Säffle, where we bought her crib set. It is just difficult with them because they run the store out of their garage.. :/ So, they have no normal open hours. You have to call and then you figure out a time to go by there. :/ And it doesn't mean they would have one in stock (they can't keep much). So, we will have to order one from them. And then we decide if it would be better to drive to Karlstad and get one right away, or wait who knows how long and pay a little less (gasoline).
So.. Fredrik will try to call them today and see if they have anything in stock (in their house), and I guess we can then decide from there, depending on how long it would take for them to get something delivered to them from the manufacturer (wholesaler).

Fredrik wants to sell all of Leia's things after she has grown out of them (babygym, clothes, etc).. and I said NO WAY! :D We aren't getting rid of anything until we are past the point of being able to have any more children. :/ :D Even if we never do - I am NOT buying all this stuff again.. :/ :)

1 comment:

The McDonald's said...

I have every outfit and most of Trenton's baby toys that we ever bought him when he was a baby until now. I refused to get rid of the clothes because if we have another boy, he can wear them. I did donate some of the big toys just to get rid of them and have the space...I know what you mean.