Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Really annoying.

So, this sleep thing is really getting on my nerves.. :/ I barely slept at all last night. And I let Fredrik nap during the day while I put stuff away and took care of Leia. I thought that I would be tired enough to sleep. Well, I am dead tired, my eyes are extremely heavy, but I can't fall asleep.. :/ I'm not sure any longer that it is jet lag.. :/

Leia woke up at 02.20. I thought it would be easy to get her back to sleep, seeing as she only slept about 3½ hours. She was very discontented, and then I realized that she hadn't eaten in 7 hours.

Her eating is at the same time it used to be, around 19-20.00, but she doesn't fall asleep until 23.00. She is sleeping fine, and falling asleep very easily, she just doesn't sleep for very long. 2-5 hours on average right now.

But she is falling asleep by herself in bed. And I almost prefer it that way. It will make it easier in the future. She doesn't stay asleep now after her feedings, and you have to put her in bed awake, and then she will go to sleep. Most of the time it works very well. She likes to have something to hold onto, a small stuffed toy works well right now, or a rattle. She will hold it, hug it, or lick it until she starts to rub her eyes and then she falls asleep. I am pretty content with her going to sleep like this.

Right now we just need to fix her sleeping hours. She needs to go to bed earlier in the evening. She is taking naps fine during the day.. but her problem is definitely jet lag. She is falling asleep okay, just at off times.

Now me on the other hand. I can't fall asleep to save my life, no matter how tired I am.

Fredrik is doing well. He is getting lots of sleep and rest.
I want sleep, too.. :(

No comments: