Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Midwife and BVC.

Today I had my routine midwife appointment after the delivery. It should have been before we left for the US, but it never happened.

All is well except that my iron is extremely low. She says that it is because I'm not getting any sleep. And I have to go on iron tablets and see her in a month to make sure it is back up.

We waited after the appointment to see the BVC nurse. Since it has been so long since Leia has been weighed and measured, etc. So, Leia slept nice and soundly until we got a chance to squeeze in between some appointments:




She weighed:
6.180 g (13.6 pounds)
in length:
61 cm (24 in / 2 feet)

We have an appointment for next week to start her immunizations.

Leia is doing very well, though. :) We are proud of her. Especially considering the flights and time changes.

She pulls herself up into a sitting position if she is leaning back, and she tries if she is laying down, but she isn't strong enough yet to pull herself up on her own unless she is holding onto a finger or something else. She can sit by herself with just a little help. A hand on her back is enough. Just to make sure she doesn't lean too far to one side. :)

We got home a little bit ago.. and right now Leia is taking a nap in her vibrating chair and Fredrik is taking a nap in bed.
I'm extremely tired, but someone has to hold down the fort.
Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow when Fredrik leaves and I have to stay awake all morning. I am going to try to be as patient as I can with Leia despite my tiredness.

People have been calling Fredrik from work all day, asking when he is coming back. So he has plenty to do, but he doesn't think he will stay very long tomorrow, at least that is what he said earlier.

Now I need to clean up the dishes from dinner, finish unpacking the suitcases, put away Leia's clothes, unpack the other box we picked up today, etc.. etc.. etc..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew she had gotten taller!!!
I am worried about you.

Hillary said...

I'm fine... :T