Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tja!

I finally got Leia to say "tja." :) Phonetically "shaa" in English.
It is a slang "hello." Her vocabulary is slowly growing. :)

Leia has been walking around a lot more this morning. :) She will stand still for a few seconds and then start walking. :) After 6-7 steps she starts going faster, excited I suppose, and then she goes to her knees. But I'm super proud of her. :)



Leia and I had our normal walk this morning. We turned the corner down one of our normal streets.. and they haven't stopped the construction. :/ Digging machines and trucks parked on the street. I started down, but got closer and realized we couldn't get passed any anything. We turned around and I stopped to tie her hat back on her head and I gave her one of her corn snacks and one of the construction workers walked over to us and told me that he would have them move the machines so we could continue. :/ :) I said that it was okay, that we could go around.. And he asked if I was sure, that it wouldn't be any trouble, and I told him again that it was okay. :/ :) I'm not so sure the drivers would have been so happy to be told to move their machines so that I could get past with my baby stroller.. :/ :) But it was nice though. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad she is walking again!! That was very nice of the construction guys:) Hope you feel better!!

The McDonald's said...

That wouldn't happened here...in the U.S.

Hillary said...

Fredrik never said if it was a common thing or not for them to do something like that. But I can't imagine that it would be.. esp when they are in the middle of digging a trench under a sidewalk..

The guy was standing off by himself (a break maybe?), so maybe he was bored. Or he wanted a close up view of how cute Leia is. :)) Not like I was actually going to say "yes, please move them." He had to have known that I would say no..
Weird, but at least the kindness brightened up my day. :)