Saturday, September 20, 2008

How much is too much??

I am extremely anxious for the day when Leia comes into our bedroom and I tell her "go fix your own breakfast" and I roll over and go back to sleep. :))) But we still have a little while to go before we get to that point.

Leia slept for about 10 minutes in her stroller yesterday on the way home from our walk. Then she didn't sleep for her nap. :/ Which is what she does 100% of the time even if she sleeps for a few minutes. So she was cranky yesterday. :/ Since she didn't sleep anywhere close to her 3 hour nap during the day. Then I couldn't get anything done. It was the "perfect" ending for a long, drawn out week. I was so excited that Friday had finally shown up, and it ended up being such a horrible day. I had lots of cleaning that I *had* to do, and she stood/sat and screamed at me the whole time I did anything.

The week was so.. unfun that I even went to the purse/bag shop in town and eyed a few nice items. :/ :) How much is too much to spend on a bag? In the store they range from 300-2000 sek (50-300$). No matter how nice it is, I don't think I could spend 2000sek on a purse. :/ I didn't buy anything, even though I wanted to. Fredrik thinks that all mine look the same.. so I am making him have the final say from now on. :P

Fredrik came home an hour earlier than he normally does on Fridays. It is nice to have a little extra help. :/ He even made dinner yesterday. :) So I managed to finish vacuuming while he was doing that.

I hope to turn in my 2nd Swedish assignment today. I hear from my new Swedish teacher even less than the old one. :/

So Leia will soon start daycare. We still have to decide on how long she will be there. We get 25 hours a week. I'm thinking 3 days a week (tue-thurs), and then maybe 5-6 hours on those days. I think she will do well though. :) We got a welcome postcard from the daycare. And they said that she will start her "inskolning" (assimilation) on the first Monday of November, from 09.30-11.00. Fredrik will take the day off, or the morning, so that we can both be there. Not sure about the rest of the week though, if he will take off a little here or there, to see how she does. :) I'm excited for her though. :) I think she will love playing with other children. :)

When we went to the Thai place for dinner the other day.. A family with 7 children came in. :/ (And the mom was pregnant!) The Thai place didn't have room for them, because they were expecting a large group for a party. There was a little girl, around 4, that kept staring at Leia and wanted to play with her. And then there was another one around 2. Leia and the 2yo finally noticed each other.. and at the same time, their arms reached straight out, their hands almost touching, and they both had looks of amazement on their faces. :/ :) It was the weirdest thing. Leia in her highchair was reaching her arm out as much as she could, and the 2yo slowly creeped forward with her hand reaching for Leia's.. we all were laughing and the dad finally moved the 2yo away. It was as if they were long lost friends and hadn't seen each other in years. :/ :))




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These 2 pics are priceless!! Spending a quiet moment looking at her book:)