Saturday, September 13, 2008

I arrived in Sweden...

...6 years ago today!
I have lived almost a fourth of my life in Sweden. :/ :) Seems weird when I think about it like that.

Nothing special planned for today.. except our eye appointments. :/ :)

I didn't have the energy to write yesterday. :/ Fredrik had to go to Trollhättan and he didn't get home until 18.30. So I was tuckered out. :/ Fredrik spent 6 hours in the car yesterday. :/ I hope they pay him extra for driving time, cause that is just.. not fun. :/ :))

Fredrik is sorta sick, but not really. :/ Leia is the same.
I am still sick and I haven't been able to talk for the last few days because of my coughing. Every morning I think that I am getting better (possibly from not having coughed much during the night) ... and then by mid-day I am dead tired, coughing, and producing enough mucus for a small African village. (I know that doesn't make any sense..... But I'm really tired, so you can spare me some liberalism with my writing.)

I have some pictures from our walk yesterday! We took our construction walk and then continued to the park behind her daycare. We sat there and she had some snacks, and I had a cough drop and blew my nose a lot.






You can see plenty of leaves on the ground. They are changing and falling quickly, like it always does in Sweden. Her hands are freezing on the walks.. :/ We have no gloves.. well.. we have no gloves that she will leave on her hands. :/ We are going to either have to get some that are attached to a jacket, or get some that connect and she can't unconnect or something like that.. :/

Leia just brought me her comb so that I can brush her hair. :) She loves having her hair brushed. :)
She has been much better the last couple of days. Less whiny and playing better. So I hope it stays this way!! :)

Fredrik thinks her "haasaahh" is "hejsan" (hello). :/ :) It is as good a guess as any. :/ :) She says it when she sees us walk into a room or something.. so maybe.. :)
She is really good with waving, and she is really good at the hand shaking, too. :)

We ordered some decorations for Leia's birthday party:



We bought it and had it shipped to Mormor + Morfar.. to cut down on import taxes from shopping internationally, which can run to 1/3 of the purchase price.....!!!! Because of course I'm buying a Hello Kitty centerpiece to resell it on to someone else..............

Lately it has been about 9-10 degC (48-50 degF) when we get up in the mornings for breakfast, but today it was 5 degC (41 degF). :/ Ehh.. cold. :/ :))

A definite sign that Leia is back to her normal self.. she is playing perfectly well by herself and letting mommy blog, without coming and trying to steal the mouse or beat the laptop to death. :/ :)

She still isn't walking. :/ She wants to.. but she.. I dunno. :/
She will be in the middle of the floor, and stand with her hands and feet flat on the floor, and then easily go into a standing position and then stand there for a very long time. So long that she even realizes that she is standing there for a long time and is very proud of herself and starts smiling. :) But she won't walk, when she starts to move a leg forward she will just go down on her knees. :/

But now it is time to get on with our normal morning schedule. :) Time for Leia to play in her play pen while Mamma showers.

More later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 6 years:( Love her pics. she is getting so big!! Happy 11th month b-day to Leia!!!

Anonymous said...

what happened to my comments?

Hillary said...

Which comments?