Thursday, September 04, 2008

Complaining.

I know I complained a lot yesterday. :/ But that is what a blog is for isn't it? The good days and the bad days?? It isn't fun to write about the good days - it isn't necessary! :) The bad days are the days you need to vent. :)

Thanks for the comments!
It could be teething.. :/ Fredrik thinks it is teething. I don't think she is getting any new teeth, but I do think that her upper teeth are lowering more. It might not cause her much pain, but it might make her more irritable. :/

The other mom from the parent group asked Leia and I to meet her at the Baby Café this morning. She wanted to give me someone to be with, someone that I would know. Leia and I went but the other mom didn't show up.....
So.. yeah..

But Leia and I had a good time anyways. :) She wore her new shirt from Yamini and I was super surprised how well it fits her! It is 24 month-size!! The sleeves were long, but that was easy to solve. I didn't realize how big Leia has gotten. :/




I introduced myself.. sorta.. to the mom that lives two houses down from us. She was there. I got up the nerve to ask her if she lived on our street. And then I said where we live. Stupidly I forgot to say my name.. :T But you know.. I was just so proud of myself for getting up the courage to talk to someone in Swedish.. :P And I talked a little with a new mom that has a 6 week old little boy named Arvid. And I talked lots to the priest (a woman). And the woman that runs the thing asked me if I'd be interested in a new group they were thinking of starting on Tuesdays. For slightly older children.

Since I am going to school and not just un-employed, we will have to pay a little for Leia to go to daycare. You only have to pay a percentage of your income, we will have to pay about 500 sek a month or something like that, which is 80$. And we can also go up to 25 hours a week! (Instead of the 15 hours you get if you are unemployed.) So that isn't too bad! Especially considering the ridiculous prices for daycare in the US. In Sweden, daycare is paid for by taxes.

Fredrik is going to have to measure the bottom of the lake in Bengtsfors. :) He has never done it before, so a guy from Falkenberg is going to be coming up with some equipment and will be showing Fredrik how to do it. And I think for the aqueduct in Mellerud Fredrik has to fix some special maps or something like that.. :P

Hmm.. I did a little more Swedish school work today.. :P Very, very difficult to make myself sit and look up words.. :/ Not sure when I'll meet my new teacher. I still need to start my other class.. :/ I'm going to have to go over the book keeping stuff again though to refresh my memory on all the account numbers and stuff like that.

Rained all day today and it was really windy. Sorta nice though. Still anxious for fall. I want Leia to have a Halloween costume, even though there is no trick-or-treating here.. :/

Hmmm.. :P :)
Tomorrow Fredrik and I plan to have a pizza-movie night. :)
We'll put Leia to bed and then have some take-out pizza at home and watch a movie. (Which pretty much sums up the "pizza-movie night.") :/
A little date for us. :))

Leia was good today. :) She played and read her books in her play pen while I changed sheets, folded clothes and did things upstairs. :) She ate really well. She had lots of veggies (like always) for dinner and she had some of our beef skillet. We didn't think she would like it, but she loved it! Even with the chili powder. :) Chili powder: another one of those ingredients that I can't buy in Sweden and must import from the US. (Along with my vanilla extract.)

Tomorrow some guy will come and clean our chimney. The commune sends someone every 6 months. But the paper didn't show up in our mailbox, our neighbor across the street got our "warning paper" instead. :)

Oohhh! And yesterday I taught Leia how to shake hands!! :))
If you hold out your hand and say "Hejhej" she will put her hand in yours. :)

I love it when Leia gets really excited about something and she sorta.. shakes she is so happy.. :D And she says "oh oh oh oh oh.." Like when we give her something to play with that she normally isn't allowed to have.

Of course Leia is a good baby. She has bad days, we all have bad days. I just like to complain about it.. :)) She sleeps well 95% of the time. She sleeps 12 hours a night and 3 hours during the day. She doesn't fight to eat anything. Fredrik says she isn't his baby because she loves vegetables.. :D
She plays well by herself and she plays well with others. She is getting out a few words well even though it will take her longer to start speaking because of having 2 mother tongues. She is just a little impatient and she has a temper. :/ :)

Fredrik is really enjoying taking the bus to work. The bus lets him off right infront of the building he works in. It is a nice relaxing trip for him. It takes the same amount of time as driving, but he says that the trip seems faster on the bus.

I'm sleeping better. I think it is because I am more busy. Just the way I am. :/ I need to have lots to do. You would think that that would make me more stressed and sleep worse, but it works the opposite with me. :P If I have lots to do then I use my time better and I accomplish more.

Swedish Idol has started.. :/ A new jury and all that. I didn't like the other jury and I doubt I will like this one either. :T

That is definitely enough for tonight.. :P :D

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Can I have your daycare bill? Just to compare...Trenton's daycare bill alone is $140/week and that's for 6am-6pm every day...although he never stays there that long. Allyson's is $40/week for before and after school care, opening at 6a and closing at 6p. I find the drastic difference unreal...the way countries run so differently when it comes to things like that. Although we do get to claim a % of our daycare bills on taxes and then get so much back.

Anonymous said...

The top is really cute!!!
mormor