Monday, March 31, 2008

School and the lamp.

We worked on the lamp for.. about an hour today, and we can't get it straight.. :/ :) We were extremely frustrated and we aren't sure what to do about it.. :)) But I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually. We've considered putting weights on one side so that it can hang evenly.. :D

My bokföring (book keeping) teacher called this evening. He calls most every monday evening to see how things are going. He was impressed that I am done with chapter 7. There are 12 chapters. And for some reason he is always impressed with how far I've gotten from the last time we've talked.

This last chapter was about employee wages, taxes on the wages, and social taxes. It was extremely confusing at first, but after reading it a couple times and doing the questions, it wasn't as scary. I'm thinking of taking the SPCS course in the Fall, it is the computer class that goes along with this book keeping class.

I've only taken 2 of my computer tests (out of 7). But next Tuesday, I'll take 2 more tests. And then I'll only have 3. So, that isn't too much left to do for that class.

The Swedish class. She isn't complaining about my speed of work. So I think that is going well, too. I will continue with the class after summer. I never mentioned how my meeting went with her?! It was fine. We talked for only about 5 minutes (I thought I'd be there for an hour or something), and she printed out some papers for me for the next part of the class and that was that. She thought everything is good, especially my vocabularly.

Tonight Fredrik and I watched Primary Colors. He had seen it before, but I hadn't. It was a fairly good film. :)

And today is Mormor's birthday. :))

Leia is doing great with the time shift. She is going to bed at a better time. Instead of 18.30-19.00; she is going to bed at 19.30-20.00. And she is sleeping through the night and getting up at a better time. :) Not 5-6 in the morning. :) So the time shift was a good thing. :) She only wants/takes a bottle when she wants to sleep, otherwise she gets food. So she is getting 3 bottles a day.

But with her shift in sleeping, and sleeping longer in the mornings, right now she isn't wanting a morning nap, so I'm hoping that she and I can make it to the Baby Café, which her age group meets during the time she used to nap, so, hopefully we can try to make it some time.

Fredrik is off to Karlstad tomorrow for classes. Not sure what about.. I haven't asked.. :P :D But I think everyone is going to be going. Since he is in a more civilized town...... He will go to the baby store and get Leia a proper cushion for her high chair, and go to IKEA and get some more tin flower pots for me. :)) He will be there on Wednesday, too.

Hmmm...
I had a really bad headache yesterday, but other than that I've been feeling much better. I'm not nearly as stressed about my classes any more because I've realized that I'm doing fine with time. With having started the classes over a month after the term began, I think I am doing very well. I'm certain that I should be farther along in the Swedish class, but for some reason I don't think she feels like pushing me. She knows that I want to continue with it, that I'm not just interested in finishing it as quickly as possible, I've told her that I really want to reach the next level before I start Svenska B.
I have a horrible time understanding her, though.. :/ She has a horrible dialect.. :/ :( Not good when you can't understand your language teacher..... :/ Like in Stockholm, my Swedish teacher was Finnish...... I quit the class because it was so pointless.

We've been in Åmål for 11 months now!! Doesn't seem like it at all. :/

Fredrik went to the dump today to throw out lots of stuff. Getting rid of things we are replacing. :)

We really need to get a new car seat, though.. :/ Leia has outgrown hers. We have no idea where to even begin looking, there are so many kinds. The best place I guess, is to find one that works best in our car.

Okay.. it is late now.. :P Time for sleep.. :P

No comments: