Saturday, March 01, 2008

March.

March already.. :/ :)

And of course it was sunny and nice all week and today it is raining.... it is always nasty on the weekends. We had 2 tons of pellets delivered on Wednesday, and Fredrik was hoping to carry them to the cellar today, but seems like that won't be happening. :/ They can't get wet, or they "explode" and look like.. insulation, big and fluffy. So, the bags are going to have to stay secured in their plastic covering until the weather is nice enough. :/

I still wanna host one of our parent group meetings. :/ Now we have them every 2 months, so there is one in March, and then there would be one in May. I wanna do the May one. :/ :) Fredrik is a little sceptical, though. It would be nice. The place we go is so very cramped. And if we are here, in May, the weather would be nice and we could be outside, too. And have some food. We have the meetings at 17.00. We feel weird even mentioning it to the.. midwife and BVC nurse, knowing that they have probably never had a meeting at someone's residence before, especially since most everyone would have an appartment. So it isn't like most anyone could host something. So it has probably never come up before. So, we feel weird mentioning it even. :/ We'll see.. :/ Doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

Fredrik signed up for vacation. He and the other 2 measurers fixed their vacations perfectly. They all signed up for vacation, and none of the time overlaps, and they never even discussed anything. :P So, during the summer there will be 2 measurers available at all times. The boss said they all get gold stars. :)) Fredrik took the last 3 weeks of July and then the first week of August. Weeks 29-32.

Last night, I mailed a hotel in Skagen, Denmark to book 2 rooms for my parents and us. I tried the cheapest one, first. Which, isn't really cheap. :P We took one of the 3-4 hotels in the middle of town (on the main street). One with more rooms, with hopes of not having any booking troubles. And the Danish crown is a bit higher than the Swedish crown. So we lose a little with exchange. And if they are full, then we'll try one of the others. :) When Fredrik and I went, we stayed in one right on the main street, and it was lovely. We really liked it, but we wanted to try a different hotel this time. The rooms were a little small, and we'll have Leia, so, we need a little more room. :P

We were going to book the boat from Gothenburg to Fredrikshamn, but we decided that we should make sure we have a hotel booked, first, to know which dates we are definitely going. We might have to reschedule if we have trouble getting a hotel. July, of coure, is peak season, so everything is always super crowded and expensive. But we are excited. :) It is a nice, small place. We are going to stay 2 nights, and that is a perfect amount of time to see everything. And my parents get to visit another country. :) And not just anywhere. :) We are going to the spot where the Baltic Sea merges with the Atlantic Ocean. :) Very, very beautiful. :)






Here you can see pictures from when Fredrik and I went. We thought it was so lovely, that we had to take my parents. And this is an easy trip to take with Leia.

I think that Fredrik and I would like to take a trip in August, though, maybe for our anniversary. It will be our 5th. :) I'm thinking maybe somewhere in Germany. I'd like to go somewhere new. I have a lot of air miles, so we can get a round trip for both of us for free, we just have to use Delta's European partner airlines. Not like the trips within Europe are that expensive anyways, but might as well use the miles since I have them. I wanna use the miles before they expire. Hmm.. maybe we can go to Holland, as KLM is a partner with Delta. I'd really like to go there. :P

I made some fudge yesterday... absolutely delicious. With those ingredients you can only buy in the US. And I realized how I make it not so sweet, without having to add peanut butter, I add a little more evaporated milk, instead of 2/3 cup, I add almost a whole cup! Makes it not sooooo sweet and still chocolaty. :)

Leia is getting a little frustrated. Laying on her tummy right now. And I need to go get a shower. :P More later probably. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excited about going!!!!
love, mom