Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not too bad.

The test wasn't difficult. So that was a relief. :) There were 36 questions and I missed 4. :P You have to have 75% to pass, I had 88%. So no worries about that. Just 6 more tests to take....... :)

I got Leia to eat today.. :P Fredrik and I both said at the same time why we think she is fighting to eat during the day: she then knows she will have to sleep. :P I had to get her crying today before I could get her to eat.. :/ She tightens her lips as much as possible, so you have to get her to open her mouth, and then she will drink and then you have to.. keep her at it and eventually she'll give in. She is such a booger.




She loves this thing. She will lay there and move the pieces around.




And she loves these books, I have two and she gets happy as soon as she sees them. They are the first books that we started reading to her and she recognizes them right away. Right now she enjoys eating them, though. :P

Fredrik finally gets a full day of work tomorrow. Since he had to come home early the last two days to "babysit" while I can get my things done. :)

Hmmm...
I'm lagging in the Swedish work, though.. :/ It just isn't so challenging, and I can do the work. What I need practise with is talking, and that isn't going to happen unless I am in class. So, I guess I feel like it is sorta a waste, but I am glad I am doing something, to keep up what skills I have. I can speak okay (I think), when I'm not too shy, but it is reading aloud that I am hesitant with.

The book-keeping is going okay, I think. Lots of weird stuff to remember.
This last chapter is lots of weird stuff. With lots of questions at the end of the chapter about things I haven't read about IN the chapter, so that is always interesting...... So, I just hope that the test is more about balancing an account, putting things in the right account with the verification numbers and all that, and not about answering so many questions in writing.. :))

I don't have to take the test on Monday, he said that I can if I feel ready, otherwise he'll just call me and see how things are going. I'll keep reviewing and see how confident I feel by the weekend. And if I feel confident by the weekend, then I can review even more during the weekend.. :D And take the test on Monday.

I told Fredrik ... I have this.. thing about school. I can't just pass a class.. I have to .. get the best grade possible. :/ It is just.. me. I haven't gotten lower than a VG in any of my Swedish classes, and I've gotten a couple of MVGs. In lots of classes it isn't possible to get an MVG (stingy teachers). So, since I don't have as much time to study as I normally would, I am having issues with having to deal with the reality getting a G (passing grade - anything from a B-D in the US). [The Swedish grading system has issues, but that isn't for this post.] So, this is bothering me a bit.. :/ To accept that I might just get a passing grade and not the best grade possible.. :/

Isn't that the nerdiest thing you have ever heard?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Glad your test went well. I always know you can make good grades. Why should you be any different now about your grades, you have been like that since elementary school:)
love, mom

Hillary said...

I know, but it bothers me that it is so important to me.. :/ And that I don't know why it is important. If I know it, then I know it, the grade really shouldn't matter. Or if I just want to have it on a piece of paper that I'm smart...... :P