Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Midwife and school.

I had my midwife appointment today. She checked my iron and it was at a much better level, so she told me I could stop taking pills. But if I start feeling weak or have trouble sleeping again to start taking the pills again and to go see her.

After that, Fredrik and I went to the school so I could talk to someone about classes. I signed up for 3 classes, to make me a full time student. She was a little concerned about me having time to do all the work, but I am pretty determined. I have an appointment on Thursday to go talk to 2 of the teachers to work out when I will meet with them, etc. I hope they won't mind me having Leia with me. :D But I don't have a choice.

So, I'm pretty certain I'm taking 2 classes at least: Swedish (Svenska A) and Bokföringens ABC (book keeping). That will make me a ½ time student. And I want to take ECDL (computer stuff), too. But that would push me up to almost above a full time student. So, we'll see what happens. I'm good with numbers and have a bit of a compulsive disorder about organization, so I figured that book keeping would be perfect for me to study.. :D And computers - I can do computer stuff, that isn't difficult. If I don't know how, I have a teacher at home, or I can easily learn off the Internet. And then the Swedish class will be lots of reading and writing.

So, I hope to take all 3 classes.
I am a little scared about being stressed or having the time to get things done, because of course Leia comes first. I have plenty of time in the evenings, and I have the weekends, and Pappa hopes to start taking some Pappa time off. I am always slightly nervous when signing up for classes in Sweden, though. If I will be able to handle it (the language) and have time, etc. But now I have a valid worry about having time issues. :))

So, I keep trying to tell myself that it will be okay and I'll have time for my school work and.. and.. and.. :))
One of those things I am definitely needing reassurance about. But I just feel like I really need to do this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The classes sound good. Will be good for you. Give you a little break:)

The McDonald's said...

I get scared everytime I decide to go back and take more classes. I enjoy the break, but I know that it's something I have to do. I am currently taking a 16 week course (arghhh, but had no choice), then transfering to Embry Riddle University to get my Tech Management Degree. I'm hoping to finish the majority of it before leaving the Air Force in 2010. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but it always works out, just be positive.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you have it figured out what you want to do. :) You have your goals and what you need to do to get there.
I don't have a clue what I'm going to be able to do to ever get a job in this country....
:/ :(