Saturday, February 16, 2008

I found an American!!!!!

While at the store today, buying more plastic containers and a new cabinet for the bathroom downstairs, Fredrik heard a woman speaking in English. And I listened, and knew she was American. Fredrik told me I had to say 'hi' ... I mean, how many times is there going to be another American in Åmål?!

Well, I walked over and said 'hi.' :) And she is Angelica. :) She lived in Flordia and somewhere else but I don't remember where. Her father is Swedish and her mother is from the Philippines. Her father has lived in the US for a looong time. Her father moved back to Åmål and he is opening a family restaurant outside of town. She has been in Åmål for about 2 years. She has a 15 year old daughter (potential babysitter?!) and a son that is maybe 10?. And she is a widow, so it is only her and her 2 children. They live in an apartment in the middle of town.

She was so happy that I said hi. :) And we exchanged e-mails and phone numbers.
She is also studying Swedish. Her father never taught it to her, so we are going to try to get together and do things and learn Swedish together.

We are both pretty excited (she and I). :) As she hasn't made any friends in town.
So, hopefully, she and I can do plenty together and have her and her children over for dinner plenty during Spring and Summer, and even her parents, too.

Yay! :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great!!!! It will be nice for you both