Sunday, February 03, 2008

Classes.

So, I'm trying to find some classes to take.
Which is difficult because I don't know what I can take as distance. It might be everything, but it might only be a few courses. Because I can't go to class, obviously, during the days.

I want/need to take Swedish, of course (Svenska som andra språk A / Svenska A). In Åmål, since there are so few immigrants, we are put in with the Swedish students and we all take the same class. But that isn't enough, that is only 100 points, and I want to take at least 200 points.

200 points would make me a ½ time student.

So, I'm looking at the classes...

I wanted to do the Omvårdnadsprogram, health care program, which is what I started in Nyköping, where you can work in elderly homes, or in a hospital as like a nurse's assistant, and if you are lucky you can sometimes find jobs in schools, etc. I saw it as something to take while I was taking Swedish, until I am done with Svenska B, and then I can take something that I really wanna take.

But in Åmål they did offer a children's daycare type course, but they don't have that on the Site anymore, so I don't know if they don't offer it now.

But! They have a building program! :) Which would be awesome to do, but not possible of course because of not being able to go to classes. And you can work with building, flooring, glass, and there is even a measuring part. And Fredrik said that he is actually getting some interns from the course to come and follow him around.

The building program would be LOTS of fun to do. Keep that for the back burner for when Leia starts daycare. :)

But I still have to find at least 1 more class to take.. :/ I've taken lots of math already and computer..
There is a program to be a bus driver! :D

There is a book keeping class (Bokföringens ABC) which sounds like fun, so maybe I can take that along with something else.
Math C would be my next math, and although probably easy to pass, I don't want to take more math.. :/ I always take math.. :/

Maybe Samhällskunskap A (social studies). That is a pretty bland class that all immigrants usually take from the get-go. So maybe that.. EHhh.. we'll see what I can take as distance first I guess. Just have to go talk to the studievägledare (study guidence councilor).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope it works out with the couple. It would be nice for all concerned.