Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rough day.

Leia woke up last night.. some time before 01.00, and I stayed up with her most of the night trying to get her back to sleep. Holding her was fine, but my back could only take so much (especially since it is still hurting from before), so Pappa let us get in bed, and he slept downstairs. She wiggled and kicked me in the stomach and she cried and cried and cried. It is her teeth of course.. She calmed down after awhile and started to lay more still. Some time during the morning I put her back in bed and she slept okay on her own.

I woke her up then at 07.30 this morning. Fredrik was going to stay home since I didn't get any sleep last night, but he must have gotten a phone call or something from work and he went in.

Leia.. Ugh..
We didn't go on a walk this morning.. :/ :) She was just sreaming all the time.. And I knew she wouldn't be any happier on the walk. Every now and then she gets cranky during the walk and she screams .. and.. yeah.. so that isn't very much fun and a bit embarassing.. so I decided to forgo it today, especially since I was so tired.

She whined and screamed all morning. But she sat on my lap while she did it. She didn't play with anything. She just sat on my lap, and every now and then she would lay against my chest and close her eyes.. but she would wake up, and then reach for a toy that was nearby.. I would let her go so she could reach it and she would start screaming and climb back into my lap.

She actually slept her nap, and I was able to do some school work.
My Swedish teacher seems impressed with my Swedish and he wants to try to meet. He said that I can easily continue onto SAS B (Svenska B or 11th grade Swedish), if I wish to do so.

The bokföring (accounting) stuff is easy, I just have to make myself sit and do it.

My orchids are growing new stems, and soon we will have more flowers. I am not the best.. gardener, but my orchids flourish.

Leia woke up from her nap, and she was.. ehh.. she wouldn't eat.. so that took awhile. And then she didn't really wanna play, and then I had to start dinner. She hates sitting in the high chair while I prepare and cook dinner. :/ Extremely boring for her.. she HATES it. So she cried and screamed at me for.. a good 30-40 minutes while I cut potatoes and trimmed chicken, etc..

Pappa came home and we ate and she was still grumpy and fought with eating dinner. He took her for a short walk and got some milk, so I could have a few quiet minutes.

She went to sleep tonight without a problem, but I'm curious on how tonight is going to go.

We know it is her teeth, but it still isn't so much fun.. :/
She even glared at me today.. :/ She does it every now and then for fun.. she will turn her face up at you and squint her eyes.. :/ :) You can't help but laugh, even if you are tired and frustrated.

We finally got to pick up a box from Aunt Carie at the gas station. (Yes, the gas station..) I think I smiled for the first time today when I saw the most adorable little Halloween shirt. :) And she sent some wonderful things to help with teething, an adorable outfit that will fit Leia well in the Spring, and some treats. :) I miss those treats from the US. They sell lots of biscuits, cookies and snacks that are for babies and toddlers. They are easy to digest and have no salt and all that. I don't think they sell anything like that here (besides the enormous corn doodles, that are imported from Finland).

- You pick up boxes at.. the gas station..
- You pay bills at.. the post office..
- You get your national ID card.. at the bank..

- You.. get your drivers license at the grocery store ?!?! (If it was only that easy.) :P
Sometimes this country.. :/ Just makes NO sense.

I hope to explain the Swedish "perfekt particip" (perfect participle) to an American friend of mine in Nyköping, but I don't think I have the energy to do that tonight.. :) So I will try to do that soon.

Right now I'm "watching" one of my most absolute favorites: Nightmare on Elm Street, to try to make up for the horrible day.. :/

Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
(And hopefully she will cut her teeth!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a bad day!!! Hopefully her teeth will come thru soon. Sounds good about your swedish:)

The McDonald's said...

Good, I'm glad you got the box. Those natural teething tablets worked wonders for us, I thought you could give them a try...it won't hurt. Those are the days I'm not looking forward to. I knew you would like that shirt the minute I saw it.