Saturday, October 18, 2008

Marknad.

marknad [²m'ar:knad] :: market


Today we "went into town" for the market. Obviously it goes around from town to town and this weekend it happened to be here in Åmål. I bought Leia an adorable pair of slippers, wool slippers. I wish I would have skipped buying some for her and got them for myself.. :P They are really nice and not cheap, and she screams when she has them on.. :/ And she takes them off the first chance she gets. :/ We really wanna take her outside and let her try to walk around, but until she wears shoes......

All you have to do is hold shoes up to her, and she starts screaming, tears come down and she starts to shake a little. If you give them to her to play with, when she comes across a shoe, she takes it and throws it away from her.








But we also bought her a pair of gloves, and she complained and fought. Fredrik and I each took a glove and put them on at the same time, and.. she kept them on for a lot longer than we thought. :) They have no thumb holes, so they worked well. We've had a horrible time getting gloves to fit her, her hands are pretty wide.

And a few pictures of the backside of a few of the booths.

Fredrik really enjoyed himself. :) It was a whole bunch more than we thought it would be. Reminded me of the Lorain County Fair that I went to every August growing up.. but of course.. not nearly as big. :)) But all the booths and food reminded me a little of home.

Leia complained quite a lot while we were out. We thought she would really enjoy herself, being out and seeing so many new people and things going on.. but she was actually pretty angry the entire time. :/ :( And it made the experience not so much fun. She screamed plenty, until I finally bought her a play, Hello Kitty cell phone.. and then she kept quiet for a little while.

We aren't really sure what is up with her. We talked about several possibilities.. poss..ibilities.. is there too many 'i's in there ?!? hmm.. about her behavior. She is so moody, has a horrible temper, incredibly impatient.. We've decided to talk to her BVC nurse about her temperment.. and see if it is a common thing or not. :/

We have.. 2 reasonings:
1. She is incredibly intelligent and gets bored so incredibly quickly that she gets frustrated and angry, etc..
2. She has ADD (attention deficit disorder).

Now.. I think my friend Carie had the same ideas about her little boy, so she is going to have to fill me in now on... how their thoughts are presently about the whole thing.

I changed her diaper and set her on the floor to play, in her room, like I typically do. And while she is playing I pick out some clothes for her to wear. I picked out a gray, fleece pair of pants.. I was holding them and took a couple of steps to her, and she looked at them and started screaming and tears running down her face. I got on the floor with her and she climbed into my lap as if she was afraid.

I really honestly don't understand the child at all.. :/

I have been a babysitter (barnvakt/barnflicka) for about.. 12-13 years of my life or something like that, in the US and in Sweden. I've taken care of.. 20 kids that I can think of off the top of my head, ranging from newborn to 12 years old.. And I have NEVER seen or taken care of a baby that has been so .. angry. For awhile I thought that it was me.. that I was a bad mom or something like that.. but she behaves the same with Fredrik, and with both of us together.

We'll figure it out I guess when she gets older... :/
She can be just fine and we're all playing and she is laughing and having fun, and then she will just start screaming and tears.. and.. I dunno.. Maybe she is just an extremely moody baby girl.. I really, REALLY hate to see her when PMS shows up then..... :/ :D

But ooh we love her to death though.. :))
Maybe that is why it is so much more annoying!! :D That we try so hard to figure out what it is she wants and why she gets upset but sometimes nothing makes her happy, and it gets so very frustrating. :(

Okay.. :) That is enough for tonight.. :P I need to do some more school work.

4 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Happy Birthday Hill, sorry a day late...haven't been on.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!!!!! She is going to have different moods:) I know it is frustrating for you. Wish I could have been at the market!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather was the same way. Sometimes I think it is 'first' child syndrome but also that she is smart (just like Heather was/is). Just give her the space, flexibility and just relax around her. Let her feel her boundaries out and go along with her (within reason). Love to all,
me

Hillary said...

Thanks Bev, it is good to get some different opinions. She likes to share, but she is also very selfish, she doesn't understand yet that she isn't allowed to have or do certain things, which makes her very, very angry. Which of course will come in time that she will learn and understand things better. On her really cranky days, we just stay out of her way and try to let her figure things out. When it is really bad we've learned that it doesn't help to try to comfort her or explain things - it is best to stay out of the line of fire. :D