Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fantastic week!

Ever since Saturday, Leia has been super-fun to be with. :) She has been behaving so well and she's been back to her normal self. She's been playing better, and she has her enormous appetite back. :)

No teeth though. :/ Her bottom, left gums have entirely been swollen for the last 4 weeks, even now, but no sign of any teeth. :/ But she is more content now at least. :)

We've had lots of fun the last week. She enjoys her walks again. The construction hasn't been going on for the last 3 weeks or so, but the last couple of days, they have finished the last little bit of sidewalk paving, and she really loves watching the machines. Especially the big roller to press down the black-top.

It is unbelievably cold, though. :/ It is around -3 degC (26 degF) at 22.00, and around freezing in the mornings around 7. It doesn't get above 4 degC (39 degF) during the day. Caesar is trying his hardest to fatten up for Winter. He is eating like crazy; he is going through a box (1 kg / 2 lbs) of dry cat food a week, including plenty of wet food, and table scraps, or raw meat trimmings. He begs for peas and corn from the dinner table.

We're happy we had the winter tires put on the car already, it seems like Winter is coming early this year. I hope we have LOTS of snow though, for Leia's sake. :)

Fredrik has lots of things to finish with work before December. :/ Not meaning that the projects will be finished, but he has certain things that need to be done. His workmate will be gone after next week. :/ So he will be by himself again and have even more responsibilites. Fredrik isn't sure if they are going to try to find someone else. It is extremely difficult to keep these workers in the area. :/

When Fredrik had his annual raise meeting a couple of weeks ago, he made sure to mention to his boss that he plans on sticking around for awhile. He hopes it will make them more inclined to give him a bigger raise than his coworkers. Why give a raise to someone that is going to move away? Instead of someone that plans on putting more effort into their work and stick around for awhile.

At work, they released a paper for his... district (Västra Götaland), of wages for people with the same type of job as Fredrik. Fredrik is the 2nd highest paid in his field for Västra Götaland. The first highest was the guy that is leaving. :P Fredrik feels weird having a higher pay than people his age that have worked with this job for 10 years or so, and people that have more experience, etc. I told him that they must have really wanted him to work for them, and they really wanted him to stick around and not move away. But we're not complaining. ;)

School is okay! I've been putting off my accounting work and just working on Swedish. I have two assignments finished that I still need to turn in. And then I have one more assignment to do, and then I am done. I still need to meet him. :/ And then I don't know if I have to take a national test or not. :/ What he said, sounded like I could just continue onto the next level if I want. So I'll have to talk to him about it. Not saying I wouldn't mind not having to take a national test.... :))

I've decorated a bit for Halloween. I only carved one of the pumpkins, they go bad so quickly, I didn't want two stinky pumpkins in the house at the same time.. ;) I'll carve the other one tomorrow.

Don't get me started about Halloween in Sweden. Those that know me know how much I loath the Swedes "trying" to celebrate it. They seem to think that Halloween should be celebrated on November 1st, All Saint's Day...... And it just really annoys me. NO scary movies on TV tomorrow, but there are plenty on Saturday........

But we all know that I have my own fantastic horror movie collection; horror, thriller, slasher, cannibal, film noir.. you name it, I've got it. :P

Fredrik's been trying to call the fireplace guy, but no luck. I've not heard anything back about my US driver's license..... :/ A little scared that they won't renew it. They are cracking down on not letting non-residents renew. But I also wanted them to change to my married name on the license, so that might also be why it is taking so long. And it takes a week in the mail. So, hopefully it will show up soon, or they will at least let me know that they won't renew it or whatnot.

Leia goes to the BVC on Tuesday for her 3rd immunization shot. It will be her last time seeing the pediatrician with the BVC. From now on she will go to the "big people" clinic. We're anxious to get her length and weight.

I'm trying to plan a Thanksgiving dinner with my American friends. :) We invited B+R to our house, but now we know that L+K won't be leaving for the US until later, so they will be joining us from Norway.

There is always lots of stuff going on of course. Being a mom is a full time job, and then housekeeping and laundry and cooking and school.. and of course try to get a little time in for me and Fredrik.. and then with what few mintues I have, I do try to put a little something on the blog.

We are planning a trip to Stockholm, a 5 hour drive West.
Fredrik's friends would like us to come for a visit, so we decided it was due time for us to take a trip there. We haven't been there since we flew back from the US in January. We decided last Christmas that we really wanna be at home for this Christmas. We were so far away, and we want to have Christmas at home with Leia. Not sure yet if anyone will be visiting us or joining us, but I think we will have a very nice time here. :)

We are going to Stockholm the first weekend in December, when DIF (Djurgårdens IF - Fredrik's favorite Stockholm hockey league) has a home game. So we plan to go to a hockey game, check out Stockholm center and shop a little of course. We want a lunch at Pizza Hut, a dinner at Friday's, and we have a short list of people we definitely want to see while we are there. And maybe a late evening out for Fredrik and I.

I'm pretty anxious to go. We get a couple of babysitters (Farmor + Farfar). :)) And some alone time for Fredrik and I. :)

The only time that I feel like I live in a different country is when we go to Stockholm. I think it is because it is more crowded and the buildings are so different. It is a bit more exciting to be in Stockholm.. a bit more fun than our town of Åmål.. ;)

But I suppose it is good that I don't feel like I live in a different country on a daily basis. I suppose that means that I.. feel like I belong. :P

Ehh.. that is enough for tonight. :P :)
It is almost 22.30 and I'm super, super tired.
I hope to try to complete as much of my last Swedish assignment as I can tomorrow, so wish me luck. Along with it, I have to write two reviews of two novels that I read in Swedish. :P

Go'natt! Sov gott!

[Go'natt :: God natt :: Good night]
[Sov gott :: sleep well]


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!!! She is beautiful:) We always loved Stockholm.