Friday, October 24, 2008

Deh.



Yup.. :) Leia playing in her baby gym. :) I cleaned out all the toys that was in it, and put them other places, so that we could finally put away the baby gym. It has been "protecting" the TV cords and I guess I realized that we just don't need it anymore. She doesn't mess with too many things around the TV, besides her toys, and it is nice having the extra floor space with it gone!

Yesterday was a horrible day.. :/
Fredrik came home early, he got home around 13.30. To give me a helping hand. And this morning he stayed home a little longer, to give me some help. She was.. unpleasant this morning for her Pappa.. but it is good for him to have to deal with it too.. :/

It can get pretty stressful to be with her all day alone and get no help with dealing with her behavior. :/ Sometimes Fredrik wonders why I am sad or depressed some days when he comes home from work and I say to him... how would you like it if you had someone at work following you around screaming at you all day ??

Hmm.. maybe some people DO have jobs like that.. :D

I hate asking.. and don't ask him to stay home, so that I can have a little break or at least some help.. Especially now because he is so busy with work. He has his normal sanitation project, and he is working with some Dutch on a new housing area. And then always lots of little things going on. And last week he fixed a map for Åmål. He delivered the file in person so that he could ask someone about getting our sidewalk repaved. He got a person to talk to about it, so at least we are a step closer.

He barely gets 2 hours a day with Leia during the week. And I feel like I get even less with him. :P

Someone (3 people) came and took one of our doors away yesterday. It is the door between the pellet machine room and the rest of the cellar. The door has to be fireproof..... So they took the door and today they brought it back with metal protection on it and a new handle and lock. It is really heavy now but it is really nice. I'll try to get a picture or two. :P

Leia was better though after Fredrik left for work. We didn't go on our walk today. She just hates it too much. She hates being constrained and forced to sit still. She screamed 30 minutes straight yesterday on our walk. Then she stopped and laughed and sang for about 5 minutes, then she screamed the last 10 minutes home...... Lots of fun!!! *sarcasm*

So today we stayed home and that was a lot better. Our morning wasn't as rushed with time, to try to get out before she gets cranky(ier). I decided to try something different today and I opened the baby-gate and let her walk around by herself, wherever she wanted, ALONE. I did my own thing and she walked and went around to the rooms she wanted, by herself, and she behaved very well. She didn't try to eat the cat food, or pull the books off the shelves. She did take things out of the trash, but that was okay. :) I think she enjoyed her bit of independence and she remained happy.

That is the thing with her though, she can and is very, very happy, she is just never content.

We think she might be a vegetarian, too.. :D
She isn't too fond of meat, but she loves her veggies. We have to mask meat behind her green beans and peas. But she hasn't been eating much as of late.. She will take a bite or two and then scream like crazy if you offer her anything else. So we try to not push it.

She.. she is.. a strange baby. :)
How she can be so happy and yet so angry..
But I guess she isn't a baby anymore, huh? She has graduated to "toddler" I suppose. :)

When she was having cranky, screaming moments, I would just set her on my lap, facing outwards, leaning against my chest and sway back and forth and hum to her and that would calm her down. She really liked that and I did it for as long as she wanted me to, and when she was content, she would get off my lap and start playing with her toys again. We did it several times throughout the day and it really helped her to refocus. Sometimes when I stopped humming, she would hum instead. :)

She sings. :)
When she is in an okay mood, I will leave her in her play pen and try to run around and get things done, like dishes and laundry, etc.. and she will look through her books and sing to herself. :))

I have to leave her in her play pen, because she won't sit in her high chair. She screams a lot when she is in it, and she stands up.. :/ she desperately tries to get out of it and it is a little dangerous.

She puts her hands on her hips.. :)) And she sighs. :) Deep sighs when putting her hands on her hips. Is she impatient with us ?? :)

She says "deh."
And that means "tack" (thank you).
She says it when handing something to you or when taking something from you, she says "deh." :))

Now it is the weekend. And I will have some help for the next 2 days. :) So I am going to try my best to enjoy it, which means trying to get as much school work done as possible.

1 comment:

The McDonald's said...

We thought Trenton was a vegetarian for the longest time. I don't remember when it started but all he would eat was veggies, fruits and dairy products...no meat. Now he'll eat meat and he even eats steak. She'll most likely grow out of it, at least that's what the Dr's (here) would say. She most likely gets her protein from somewhere else. It sounds like she really enjoyed having her independence, maybe that's what she needs at times. Good luck and remember it's a process of elimination with kids.