Monday, May 12, 2008

What a day.

Argh. What a day.
:/ :)

I slept in a little this morning, to try to have a clean head for my test today. :/ :) But Leia made my environment extremely stressful anyways with her fussiness. :/ So I was completely stressed out when I got to the building to take the test at 11.30. I know I didn't mention it before, but I didn't want to say anything incase I failed it. :D

The test was.. incredibly easy. :) For my bokföring (book keeping) class.
I received an MVG! Didn't miss one number on the test. 100% correct. :)
He was impressed. :)

For the non-Swedes, the (annoying) Swedish grading system:

MVG
VG
G
IG

And this is the way Fredrik explained them to me when we were getting to know each other:

MVG (Very, very good.) A+++
VG (Very good.) A-B
G (Good.) B-D
IG (Idiot grade.) :D F

I hate the Swedish grading system, as I think many do. :/ The "G" grade has WAY too wide of a range. And getting an MVG is almost sometimes impossible. Except for me of course.. ;) :D

But talking about the grading system is another rant that I'm not going into now.. :/ :))

But the test went extremely well. And we talked a little about the SPCS class that I will take in the Fall.

Then I talked to the studievägledare (guidance councilor). And she told me that there is nothing that I can do with the book keeping stuff. That I'd have to take lots of economy stuff too, and then maybe work as a secretary or whatnot...... I don't like economy.. :/ I took it at university and found it extremely boring.

After that I realized that my schooling is going nowhere. I have:
- Swedish
- Medicin grundkurs (ground course in medicine) (which is meaningless when compared to my pre-med and forensic stuff at Uni)
- computer stuff
- a whole bunch of math (and again, I have years of math at Uni)
- and now book keeping
- and a degree in English.....

..... What am I doing ?!?!
I am definitely a professional student. :/
I can't take university level classes here until I finish Swedish B (I'm taking Swedish A now).

I get depressed then, because I have NO idea what to do. :/
I had a plan when we lived in Nyköping, before we got pregnant.
I was taking the omvårdnadsprogram (health-care system program.. sorta what it would translate to..). It was a 2 year program, while I finish my Swedish classes, then I could work as an assistant to handicapped or the elderly, etc.. And then I wanted to do that while I continued my schooling at university level to get my Swedish teaching degree and teach English (which would take like.. 5 years of schooling. So I could work part time with that while going to school.

But now I don't know what to do.
Since I don't have a job, Leia can only get so many hours a week at daycare.
So that doesn't leave me with much option of going to school. :/

And besides that, I have NO idea of what to do. :(

After that, we went to a couple of stores, and we went to the photographer in town, to blow up some pictures. Some of the ones of the plum tree, and the black & white of leia. He LOVES them. He thought they were fantastic pictures. So I was very proud. He told me I could take over his store when he soon retires. ;) When Fredrik picked them up later, he told him again how good they were and that some people "have an eye" for it. To hear that from a photographer, made me very proud. :)

Here are 3 pictures that we enlarged:




We had bought some frames at IKEA, but we refused to buy any pictures there. Everyone has IKEA pictures, and they are all the same. So we wanted something original. :) We'll put them on the wall behind the DVD cases.

If we ever manage to paint the room.......... Then it will look even better.
And then we can easily change them some time if we get tired of them. :) We were going to put up some pictures of Leia .. some time maybe we can. :)

Hmm...
And tonight we had our parent group meeting.
Leia was annoyingly cranky the entire time. :/
There was one other family there. And again, we got a snobbish attitude about us not drinking coffee...... But the female is friends with a young family that lives 2 houses down. (One of the houses we looked at to buy.) They have a baby.. 1-2 months old or something like that. It screams all day long. They are out with the carriage 24 hours a day, pushing up and down our short section of the street, trying to get it to sleep. It is a girl. So we are happy -- it will probably be Leia's playmate for a long time. The one at the parent group said she also had a friend a street over, so maybe she would stop by and say 'hi' some time.. But she probably wants to stop by to see our house. Everyone always wants to see our house.... Everyone in town knows our house. Which also makes it difficult to make friends......

After the meeting, we talked to the BVC nurse, since we hadn't seen her in awhile. Talked about Leia not being able to poo.. and she gave us a prescription for a laxative. We hope that it works, because she can't poo at all, and we have a feeling that is why she is so unhappy now. :/ And Leia has a few very, very dry spots on her body. The nurse thinks it might be eczema...... :/ (eksem) So she gave us some names of creams to get to rub on her body. She has a 1 inch diameter circle (2,5cm) on her back.. and a little redness under her chest. If it is eczema, we hope it is just a phase, and isn't an allergy. Leia's mommy has extremely sensitive skin, so maybe Leia has inherited some of that. (I am extremely allergic to Dove soap, you know-- the soap that is supposed to be most sensitive........). But she said that the spot definitely didn't look like a fungus (svamp).

We went ahead and weighed her and all of that. :)

She is now, at 7 months:
9230 g / 20.3 lbs
71,4 cm / 28 ins

So she is growing well. :) Even if she can't poop. :))

I am now done with another class ... a great relief !!
I asked Fredrik what I get to have for doing so well on my test.. he said I could have an ice cream.. :P So I bought us an ice cream today... :P
:))

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Allyson has eczema and nothing the Dr gave us really works, I even bought some expensive cream from Arbon and it doesn't work. She also has a fungus (we think it came from the chlorine from her swimming lessons) on her back and stomach. The Dr gave us Hydrocortizon cream for that and it's working great. Don't know what she gave you, but good luck. This class grads on Thursday and my final for Math is on Wednesday. I'm not taking classes this summer. We are planning on going to OH in July and Terry is involved with tons at work. So we both start in the fall and that's when I'll transfer to a 4 yr school. I don't know what I want to do either. I didn't want to limit myself but it looks as though I'm going to have to get a BA or BS in Pysch. Still looking around....good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!!!!! Congrats on your test:) Hope she starts to poo:P
mormor