Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day !!



A little late for those Mommies in the US, they celebrated their Mother's Day on May 15th.

A picture of Leia and I that I had Fredrik take today. :) Not the best. :/ :)) Leia was in a good mood, but not interested in posing for the camera. :)

Cute little shirt, no ?? One of those that we bought at the cheap store in Ed (Karlssons). Only 80 sek (14$), which is really, really cheap in Sweden.

Now Leia is trying to take ALL of her toys out of her toy box.......
I have an old Amazon box, so I put a couple of her toys in there and she tries to take them out, and it keeps her occupied for a little while at least. :))

Fredrik bought me an awesome Mother's Day present. :) We had looked at them a little, but then he surprised me and bought me one. :) It is a digital photo frame. :) It has a screen and slots for memory cards and even a remote control. You can put it on the wall, or set it on a counter top. And you can have as many pictures as you want, and they automatically rotate. It even plays videos. :)) Not a cheap present, but it is really for both of us. :) Something we've been wanting. :) Not a necessity, but it is really nice. :)

We just can't figure out where to put it. :( We want to put it in the living room, where it is easiest to see, but there are no plug-ins. :( We really need to do something about the electricity in the room.

We'll put it in the dining room for now. :) Along with everything else that needs electricity. :)) Now I just have to go through all our pictures and pick what I want to show on there. :)) I wonder what (who) most of the pictures will be of?? :))

Leia has been great this weekend. She hasn't watched any cartoons at all, so I'm letting her watch Ferdinand right now. :) Fredrik hates it, so he is in the other room. :D

Today I let her play with one (of her 5) toothbrushes. :) Strange that a child with no teeth would have so many toothbrushes. :/ :))

We had Thai food for dinner. I think Fredrik is going to cook tomorrow. :)
Yesterday I made a cake for once. :)
A homemade white cake, split in half, with some vanilla cream and some raspberries and blueberries. :) Very yummy. :)

I think Fredrik has figured out which car seat we will buy. It was "best in test." And it was tested in a Volvo V70, our car, so we know it will fit in there well. She will be able to use it until she is 4 years or 25kg (55 pounds).

Be Safe iZi Kid X1


3000 sek (500$).
Crazy.
You could buy 3 car seats for that price in the US. :/
We think (hope) that we might be able to buy it from a car store here in town.

I think Fredrik and I will watch a movie tonight, but I'm not sure what. :)
I haven't been so good with my movie reviews lately. :/ We've watched lots of great movies lately:
- Iron Man
- Rambo
- The Golden Compass
to name a few.

I think Fredrik is going to go tomorrow and buy himself an early Father's Day present. :) Early seeing as Father's day isn't until November in Sweden... :D He wants a cordless grass trimmer. The way our yard is, and with the electricity strangeness concerning the house, it is impossible to drag cords everywhere to reach.. so we need a cordless one.

Leia snorts when she laughs.. :/ :) Just like her Mamma.. :P

We checked out the daycare yesterday.
We really, really liked it. There are 3 in the staff. The place is within an apartment complex. It used to be a daycare, but it had been empty for the past year, until they took it over. They will take 13 children and it is a private place. They explained to us how it works with the hours and all that. And that with a private place, you can have your hours more better placed than at a normal town-daycare.

We can put in an application for Leia when she turns 8 months. The application goes to the commune. We write which place we would prefer for Leia to go, and then they decide. :/

The only thing my book keeping class can help me do is start my own business... I've thought about starting my own daycare. :)) English speaking !! Even for Swedish children (as Leia might very well be the only English speaking baby in all of Åmål). But I have a feeling others would like the opportunity as well.

There actually is an old gas station at the end of our street that has been for sale before we moved here and it is being used for a small gym-training place or something like that right now. I could buy it and have a daycare!! :D
Fredrik isn't so keen on the idea.. :/:))

I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty.. :P
But I should try to finish up some work while it is nice and quite right now. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MA MA MA MA DAY!!!!!!!!!!
The frames are really nice. I might get me one sometime:) Love the picture of you and Leia:) It is beautiful!!!!!
mormor

The McDonald's said...

Beautiful Pic. I have one of those frames...at work and I love it. Mine plays music and videos as well. We are looking at car seats again too and I forgot how expensive that stuff is.

Happy Mother's Day!!:)

Hillary said...

This one plays music, too ... and it also has an alarm clock. :/ Not sure why someone would want a blinking picture next to their bed... but whatever. :D