Sunday, May 04, 2008

Beautiful and sunny. :)

We finally bought some more batteries.. 80 some AA.. :D for the digital camera. They run out so quickly, especially when I take videos. We really need to get a nice set of rechargeable, but the only sets we can find have only 4 batteries. We want an enormous set with lots of different sizes. So we are keeping our eyes out for one of those.

As you can see from the picture, our little Angel loves to play with papers. :) Especially Mommy's school papers and our bills. :))

Leia is doing well, I guess. :) On Friday she was perfect. :) Yesterday she was a little whiny, but good for the most part. :) She is napping in the morning usually for 2½-3 hours, and then she is dropping her afternoon nap. We always try, but even if she is tired, she won't sleep. :/

We've had some birthdays, too!
Leia's youngest cousin has recently celebrated his 1st birthday!
And Leia's Farmor has celebrated her 60th birthday!

I realized that I know like 20 people with birthdays in October.. :/ :)

And Mormor and Morfar have had some guests from Florida visiting with them.

Fredrik and I have been trying to get the house looking better. Trying to do some Spring cleaning and gardening. Fredrik managed to mow some yesterday evening, after most of the rain had dried up from earlier in the day. But today it is beautiful and sunny. :) Anxious to let Leia go out and crawl around in the yard. :))

We were out yesterday and bought her a baby pool. :) It is really nice. It blows up with air, and it has bumpers around it and the bottom even inflates and it is bumpy, so it is soft to sit on. And it has some toys attached to the pool. :) Very anxious for it to get warm enough for her to enjoy it. :) It will never ever fit back into the box it came in.. :D

I studied book keeping yesterday. And there are 12 chapters, but the last chapter is only practical stuff, only 3 large examples of an entire year worth of bookkeeping stuff. So there are 11 chapters of material. And I went through the last yesterday. So, more reviewing today. I'll talk to my teacher on Monday, tomorrow, like almost every week. And I'll maybe try to take the test soon. After plenty of review of course. :))

I turned in a large Swedish assignment. The 2nd of 5. I probably should have been done with 4 of them by now, but that wasn't possible. :/ :) Although I have read 2 novels for the class, though. But I don't have to do assignments for those until the 5th assignment. I'm going to continue the class in Fall, and then also take SPCS, the computer class that goes with the bookkeeping class. It will only be 2 classes then in the fall, and ½ the credit that I am doing now. So I'll only be a half-time student. Which sounds a whole lot less stressful. :))

On May 24th, on Saturday, Fredrik, Leia and I are going to go check out a daycare (dagis) in town here. We got an invitation in the mail to go to an "open" day and look around. So we are excited about that. It is in the middle of town. So we aren't exactly extremely interested, as we want something closer to our house. But we are definitely checking it out, have to leave all options open. :) There are 3 day cares across the main street from our house, so we are going to try to choose one of those first, and then go from there.

Fredrik barely worked last week. :/ :)
He had Monday off for Pappa-leave. Then he had Wednesday as a ½ day, and he had Thursday off as a holiday. And when he went to work on Friday, he was the only person there for his company.. :D (Other people in the building with other companies.) So, he came home early on Friday. :) He said it was great though working without anyone there, very quite and all that, he was able to get a lot done.

I bought some more plants for outside. We are going crazy trying to make the place look nice. Fredrik tries to pull some weeds here and there when he gets a second. The cover over the iron stand looks fantastic, as we didn't get to use it at all last year. But now that Fredrik secured it to the deck better, we don't think a hurricane could take it away. Our house is a windbreaker for the top of the hill, so we get huge gusts of wind, and the iron stand almost blows away, even when the cover isn't on top. With the cover on top, the deck looks SO much smaller, but Fredrik thinks it is much cozier. :)

Orchids are really cheap right now, and I've been buying plenty for the living room. And trying to re-pot other plants that are growing like crazy.

Leia is a pro now at pulling herself up to her knees. She reaches up on the coffee table and pull off what she can.. :/ :))

Her favorite things are: papers, remote controls, and calculators.
We predict that she will be an architect. :) (Fredrik is leaning more towards an engineer.) :))

I forgot to mention that when I took my last computer test, when the teacher was signing my paper that I had passed the last test, she asked me if I could possibly help her daughter with an English assignment. :D The teacher said she was so happy that I had showed up that morning to take the test so that she could ask me for help. :D I was flattered. Her daughter was doing a presentation about how each 50 stars on the American flag represent each State. And she had a sentence that she wasn't sure about the grammar, so she asked me to fix it. :) I actually got to put to use my college education.. ;) I've been meaning to e-mail my teacher back and tell her that any time the daughter needs help, she is more than welcome to e-mail me or whatnot.

It is bright. :/ :))
Sweden in the summer, so beautiful. Doesn't get dark now until 22.00. :)

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Looks beautiful. It's very nice here too, hopefully it stays that way. We've had some weird weather. We are gearing up for some more storms, I love storms (growing up in OH, you get some of the best), but they are sometimes scary because we are in the middle of tornado alley and the season is amoung us. Oh, I forgot to tell you...Todd is getting married! Next year! I can't believe it!!

Hillary said...

I read that on MySpace I think it was! Fantastic news. :)
I read he was looking at houses too. :)