Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ideas.

Okay..
So we were trying to plan a trip to Denmark with my parents for July.
When Fredrik and I went a couple of years ago, we had no troubles getting a room for a decent price. I don't know if inflation has hit hotel pricings in Denmark or what, but I don't think we are going to be able to go there this summer.

For one, the hotel personel have been incredibly rude, besides being incredibly difficult to get in contact with.
And I must say, if you plan a trip to Skagen, whatever you do AVOID Hotel Strandly.
We could never get ahold of them, and when I did, the same woman kept trying to talk to me in Danish. And I told her that only English and Swedish were an option. And then she hung the phone up on me. EVERY time. So we decided very easily that we will never stay there.

And we finally got ahold of a hotel, and for 2 double rooms for 2 nights, they want 6000 sek (1000$+). Which is extremely ridiculous.

So we are trying to figure out something else to do or somewhere else to go. I refuse to pay that much money just for a hotel in Denmark.
We thought about just renting a house up North and taking a road trip. But that would be a long drive for being so cramped with 4 adults and a baby in a car.

We are trying to think of somewhere to go for a few days. Somewhere that is baby friendly, at least.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

3 comments:

yams said...

thats crazy!!!! the denmark crap!

why don't u take a silja line cruise to tallin?

Anonymous said...

We will do things around close:) Just being together is good for us!!! mom

Hillary said...

Fredrik and I have been there twice and my parents have been there, too. ;) :)
It is nice there, though. :)