Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grilling season.

The weather was beautiful yesterday. It is also supposed to be nice the rest of the week.

We are wanting to get some oil to oil the deck. To prevent the wood from getting worse than it is. We doubt if it has ever been oiled before, whenever it was built.

We also need to do something to secure the iron stand to the deck. It wasn't very well manufactured, and if it is even slightly windy, it looks as if it is going to blow away.. :/ :) So we need to secure it to the deck a little better. Then we can put the sun covering on top, and get out our outdoor furniture. :)

And I really wanna get a new grill. Thinking about doing that this weeked, too. The one we have isn't so much fun. It is too small for our grilling needs. :)

Yesterday evening, Pappa finally got a good chance to trim our tree in the front yard. You cut off all the branches, to help keep the tree from getting enourmous.

I think Leia got to see the sun for the first time.. :D Since October, I doubt the sun has been out. :D




Leia is incredibly clingy. :/

She wants me to hold her, and when I hold her she wants to get on the floor to play with her toys. I put her on the floor, and she crawls to me, and hugs my leg. The compromise: She lays on the floor and plays with something with one hand, while the other hand is touching my foot or leg. *sigh* :)

She slept almost 4 hours yesterday. :) Which was super nice for me. :) I got some much needed quiet time, and I was able to get some school work done.

She is desperately trying to sit on her butt. She will lay on her side, and try to throw her leg in the air, and push off the floor with one arm. She is trying -- just a matter of time before she gets it.

I decided to not go to the Baby Café today. I am tired. And if she naps then I refuse to wake her up to go to that. And if she doesn't sleep, then she will be cranky, and it won't be fun then, anyways.

I'll try to get there next Thursday, because then they will have people there going over car seats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she needs some sunglasses!!!! If you can't get them there I will bring her some:)
mormor

Hillary said...

I was thinking about that while we were on our walk today! :) And I was going to ask you to get her some. :)