Monday, April 28, 2008

Cherry blossom.

My favorite tree is a cherry blossom.

I was very influenced by them when I went to University. The streets and sidewalks are completely lined with them at my alumni at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.

They acquired their tress in an interesting way. :)
The school has a strong Asian tie, especially with the Japanese. The school has an extremely large amount of Japanese students, and has a strong tie to the country. With the thanks from the Japanese government a long time ago, they sent to the school "plenty" of cherry blossoms. (And along with those some Japanese beetles (ladybugs), but we won't get into that story today.)

So it easily became my favorite tree, as when they bloom, they are gorgeous. :) And a breath-taking sight when seen so numerously as at my alumni.

I've been wanting to get one to put in the yard.
While at the greenhouse last week, Fredrik found some. :))
But they need deep soil, and we are afraid that it wouldn't grow well because our yard is just rock. So Fredrik is going to dig around today in the yard, to see how it would do. But I think that we will try one anyways, because I so much want to have one. :)

It will be Leia's tree. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trees are beautiful!!! They were pretty at OU also.
mormor