Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back-blogging.

I took this picture of Leia on Thursday while we were at the Baby Café. Took it with my cell phone, sent it to Fredrik, and then he has the cords to upload it.

It was a little boring in the beginning, there weren't many to show up for my group. Obviously they usually had a guitar, but they didn't last week. They had it on Thursday and Leia was not very fond of it. :/ It made her cry but it was easy to calm her down. I gave her a book to hold.

If she isn't eating, then she doesn't want to sit still, especially in a high chair. So, I took her and let her play and crawl around in a little play area in one of the rooms. (The Baby Café is run by the Swedish church in town, and the "play-dates" are in a building next to the church.)

So, the babies that are Leia's age are sitting quietly on their mommy's laps. But my 5 month old (soon to be 6!) is wanting to crawl all over the place. A few of the mom's with older babies (12 months+) brought their babies in to the room, and Leia "played" with them. :)

I got to talk to a few new people. I've learned that it is impossible to make friends if there is more than 1 person together. But if you manage to get around someone that is by themselves, then it is easy to talk and get to know someone, but as soon as a friend comes around, then it is impossible to be taken seriously. I guess that is just the way it is here. Not sure if it is limited to Åmål, or small towns in general, or to Sweden. I know that that would absolutely never happen in the US.

But everyone there is really, really nice. :) And I hope to keep going back. :) And once I am there more often.. Hopefully I will be in the "in-crowd."

Leia has... changed her sleeping schedule completely. Not sure what is going on with her. She has been sleeping straight through the night for a long time now. Wakes up at a decent time, even though Fredrik and I think it is too early.. ;)

She is sleeping in the mornings when she gets her milk, but she usually almost always wakes up soon after being put in bed. And then she is wide awake and DOES NOT want to sleep. So, we are trying to figure out what she is wanting with naps. She did nap today, but in the middle of the day, and a long nap, too. So we'll just have to see what is working for her best right now.

And she looooooooooves South Park..... This child is addicted to it.. :/ Which really isn't that good.. but she loves it so much.

And she is saying "da da dahh da dahhhh dahh" like crazy. :) I'm trying to get her to replace at least one of those with a "m" .. ;)

I've been trying to get school work done. Half way through another module for my computer class. I'm reading about Excel now. And the other two left are Excel Database, and Power Point. I am still bad about not working on the Swedish stuff.. :/ Most of the work is silly and pointless. Trying to tell me to pronounce "svårt" as "svåt" ....... No.

And I got to chapter 9 (of 12) with my book keeping class. It is about revenue (intäkt) and expense (kostnad) ... periodiserad inkomst och utgift.. whatever that is in English..... :P It is a little confusing. So, before I continue, I decided to go back over all the other chapters, just to make sure that I remember all the little things that I might have forgotten. Since the chapters aren't continual. They are each separate, and don't really just add something new. Each is its own "entity."

Hmm...

That didn't make any sense at all did it?

The review questions at the end of the chapter are only about that chapter, it doesn't include anything you might have needed to know from previous chapters, besides the "base" learning chapters.
Hopefully that made more sense. :)

So, I thought it best to go over all the chapter questions. Just to make sure I haven't forgotten how to do something. Or which sums do or don't go in a result/balance report.. :P Etc... etc......

Today I cleaned silver. Yupp.. that is what I did to take a relaxing, enjoying break from school work. :) No joke.. :P We "stole" a few serving platters from the summer house last summer by accident (didn't intend to bring them home), and I sat in the living room floor and polished them. And Leia sat and watched. :) And I did a couple of candle holders, too.

We also cleaned up our extra food room. Finally got the other two curtains up.

Fredrik made a very yummy dinner today. And I got to rest and watch someone else run after Leia. :)

She has discovered the hallway. :) She crawls into there now. Mostly I think because the ficus is sitting in there.... We had to completely remove it from the living room. And she attempted to crawl out of her bedroom before her father caught her. :)

Work is going well for Fredrik i think. :) He isn't complaining at least. :) Most days are the same. Not like when he worked with Skanska. Lots more happens within a day in construction.

The snow this morning stuck for awhile, but left pretty quickly. Really annoying with the weather. It is almost the middle of April.. and we are still having snow. The kind of snow that we should have had in November. It is cold and nasty, and rains most every day. I want the sun. I want Spring. I want to GRILL.

For me, grilling season has arrived. And I am annoyed that the Swedish weather isn't cooperating. I found a new grill I want. Charcoal of course. I would never, ever buy a gas grill.
So I want this new grill. Ours is a few years old. This new one is huge. And it has two separate sides where you can adjust the height. I want it.
:P

Hmm.. maybe that is enough for tonight.. :P
Maybe I can get a little work done. Some Swedish. I promise.

No comments: