Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Appointment.

We have a doctor's appointment for Leia today. It is at 14.30. Much, much earlier than we thought. :/ Which isn't good because that is really early for Fredrik to leave work. Not like they will say anything, but we usually try to have them later in the afternoon/early evening. We didn't remember what time it was and so he had to call and ask. It is her 6 month appointment, so she has a routine check-up with the pediatrician (barnläkare).

Yesterday the 3 of us ran some errands and then we went bulk shopping (storhandla). I always read things in Sweden saying such bad things about bulk buying. And I didn't understand why, until I came across an article of an economist in Umeå, saying "people end up throwing away bananas because they go bad and then they waste a lot of money" etc.. etc...
I'm sorry, but who buys fruits and vegetables when they do large grocery shopping?! The point isn't to buy fresh things like fruit, bread, and milk. The point is to buy freezer food, dry foods, things that will keep for a long time. Every day use items. Things that don't expire for the next 5-6 years, etc.. Especially stuff like toilette paper and paper towels.
And then it is much easier to run to the store just to pick up some milk and bananas, and you are much less likely to pick up things you don't need if you go through more aisles of the store..

Sometimes I get a headache.

But while in the store, Leia got a little cranky. We went late morning, so the store was almost completely empty (which was awesome!). She got cranky, and I found a pacifier in my purse. Plopped it in her mouth, and she was asleep within 60 seconds. (She was in one of the seats on the shopping cart.) Fredrik and I were in utter surprise that the pacifier worked. That she actually took it.

I'll meet with my bookkeeping teacher next Monday evening, to go over this new chapter. It is very confusing, so we will go over everything, just to make sure there are no troubles. And during this week, then, I'll have time to do my review of the book.

I am doing my second go-through of the Excel chapter. I really, REALLY wanna take 2 tests next Tuesday. :/ Or maybe Thursday, depending on when she has best times with her classes. So, I'm going to try to work on these two modules lots, and see if I can get that done. If I could get rid of one of my classes, that would be a big lift off my shoulders. And I figured that since two tests are on Excel, then it wouldn't hurt to try to take both the same time. Then I will only have the PowerPoint test, and PowerPoint is easy.

And I am moving along in my Swedish class, too.. :P :)

I'll post again about her appointment.

No comments: