Sunday, November 02, 2008

Word morphing.

Leia's "deh" has gone through several changes over the past few days. It went from "deh" to "deck" and now it is at "dack." :)) But sometimes it sounds like "duck." :)))

So we are anxious for the "t" to replace the "d." We are counting this as her 2nd word, after Mamma. It isn't bad for her to have her 2nd word now. Being bilingual, it can be a good 6 months inbetween her getting out her first and second words.. :/ So hopefully we can keep pushing her to get out more words.

Fredrik has been trying to get ahold of the fireplace guy, but it seems like no one wants us to get our fireplace fixed..... The number isn't working, and the website isn't either.. So, he'll keep trying, and hopefully we can get something started. We are extremely anxious to see how long the process is going to take. We don't think the fixing will take very long, but the drying of the cement or whatever they use might take awhile. And after it is all done, someone will have to come and test it.

It is -6 degC at 7 in the morning (21 degF). We are waiting for snow to show up.

Fredrik had a ½ day on Friday, because All Saint's Day (November 1st) is a holiday in Sweden. So he was home by 12.30, and that was very nice. And he took tomorrow off, to be with us on Leia's first day of daycare. We hope her.. inskolning (assimilation) goes quickly, so that I don't have to join her for weeks until she gets used to everything.. :/

We think she will really like it, but she is attached to us. :/

We ended up having 2 trick-or-treaters on Saturday! Even though Halloween had passed, it was still nice to have someone knock at the door. :) They were older, maybe 12, a boy and a girl.

I've started my final Swedish assignment. I've done about ½ of it, the easy half. I have to write two papers for two novels that I read in Swedish. And I have to write a poem.. ehh... I don't like writing poems in Swedish...... :/ You can't just translate. I have to think in Swedish then.. :P And it is easier to go back and forth then to only work in Swedish.

Hmm...
Leia's favorite toys right now.. water bottles and paper milk cartons.. :P She is very attached to them. I think we have about 10 water bottles under the couch that we can't reach.. :/ Get them out once a week when we vacuum.

I keep dreaming about our neighbor...... blue/gray house. I think it is because Fredrik and I talk about him all the time. We see him in his house by himself, and he looks so lonely (probably isn't). And we are so curious as if to if/when he is going to sell his house.

I dreamt we had connecting houses, with a thin wall inbetween, but also a door that connected the two houses (on the second floor). And Fredrik decided that he was going to invite him over for dinner and watch a movie with us...... And Fredrik kept calling him "broccoli"... NOT "broccoli-man" or something of the sort.. just "broccoli." It was... weird. :/

And I'm certain we'd never invite anyone to watch movies with us, not the God-awful B-rated movies we end up watching...... :/ :D We watched some horrible movies this weekend.. :))) But it is fun though. We watched "Labyrinth" with Leia today for the first time, and "The Goonies."

Hmmm...
That is enough for tonight.. :P
I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty, I always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture is so cute!!!! Can't wait to hear about hr first day of daycare:)