Monday, November 03, 2008

Daycare!

Leia had her first day of preschool today! And she did fabulous. :)) We are so proud of her. She played SO well with the other children, she did well with the teachers, and she could have cared less if Fredrik and I was there or not. :)) She ran around like crazy and one of the teachers was running around after her taking more pictures of her than I do.. :D

They showed us around soon after we got there and the place looks nice. When we were there for their Open House, they had a lot of work still yet to do, but the place looks great!

They go out for walks in the forest and parks 2 days a week. There were lots of adorable artwork from the children all around the room.


Some pictures of the 1½ hours we were there today:











Leia looking in the mirror with one of the 3 teachers.




Leia's drawer where her drawing, papers and artwork will go. Her's is the bottom left. They had given her the symbol of a frog! Everything that is Leia's will have a frog. Including her spot to sit at singing time at 09.30 every day, and her coat rack, etc..


The entrance, where the children keep their shoes, extra clothes, diapers, etc, etc.. You can see Leia's spot, there on the end with the "girly" jacket. ;)



Above their clothes, as you can see, is a picture and a description of the child and the child's family. Each child has a little family booklet that the teachers make, including a picture of Leia's home, a picture of her parents, a few pictures of her playing at home, probably a picture of Caesar, etc. So one day one of the women will come by and take some pictures of us at home! And then she will have a folder, with past artwork and drawings, and medical information, her pick up/leave schedule, etc..

Fredrik and I are extremely pleased. Leia was so happy and content. :) I don't think we could be any happier with the place.

Another child was there this morning to start his "inskolning." The mom is sorta young, and she isn't from Åmål either. Her boyfriend is from here, but she says they have outgrown his immature friends that just want to go to parties all the time, etc.. And she said they have had a horrible time meeting other parent-friends. So we could relate to each other. :) She was very, very nice and I look forward to the next two weeks that we'll be at the förskola together!

Her "inskolning" will be 2 weeks. Including time when I will leave for 10-30 minutes, and then end the last 3 days next week where I will leave her by herself for the entire time. So hopefully it will all go well! I'm glad Fredrik was there with me today. Tomorrow it will just be Leia and I.

Fredrik got ahold of two fireplace fixers today, but one was in a meeting, and the other had bad reception.. So he will call them again tomorrow. :/ :) One said he couldn't start until after Christmas. So, we'll see what they have to say, and all that other stuff..

I'm going to meet my new Swedish teacher tomorrow for the first time. Since they switched teachers on me, I haven't met this one, and I am almost done with my class. So I think we should meet before I finish. :P

He told me that I was "suverän" which means "supreme" or "superb" or "excellent" ... his response to my sammanfattningar (summaries/analysis) to Swedish stories that I wrote. I have a feeling my degree in English literature helps me to write such good papers in Swedish...... :P

Fredrik and I fixed Leia's schedule for the next 6 weeks with the daycare. We picked Tuesdays-Thursdays, 09-15.00.. 6 hours a day for 3 days a week.

That is enough for tonight ! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the place!!! She looks as old as those girls and as tall. She will really enjoy the kids:)

The McDonald's said...

I knew she would be fine. She will do great when you finally leave her as well. I'm proud of her too. Congrats Leia!!!