Friday, November 14, 2008

A job!

Yes! :) I got a job!! :)

On Wednesday I found an ad for a "kursledare" (course leader / teacher) in English in Säffle with "Medborgarskolan," the town next to us. On Thursday I sent an interest-e-mail and told her that I would be sending my CV and then call her to talk about the job. She ended up calling me a couple of hours after I sent the e-mail, and pretty much hired me then and there. She asked if she could come to the house for an interview today.

So she came over and we chatted. :)
"Medborgarskolan" is literally translated "Citizen school" which is a private school that offers courses for self-improvement, hobbies, etc...

I'll have an adult conversation class in Säffle. And then she wanted to start an adult class in Åmål, too. :) And then I suggested a children's class. :) Which she was very happy about, she thought that was a great idea. So we'll see if anyone signs up for the classes in Åmål. :)

So I'll have 1-3 classes starting in February. :)
It doesn't pay much, well.. the pay is good, but it isn't many hours. But they will pay for my travels to Säffle, and I get to go to other courses for free (if I'm interested).

Yay! :)

6 comments:

yams said...

wow! congrats! a MVG in SAS and a job! woo hoo. happy friday to you! thats awesome. so cool that it was so easy for u to get it. i haven't even attempted to look for jobs and now that we are off to india for 2mths, no point right now. lets see what 2009 holds for me!

great news! it will be nice for u to meet more people this way too!

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you!!! We know it is something you have wanted for a long time:) You will be a great English teacher!!!

The McDonald's said...

Congrats Hillary!! That's great!!

The Jagielski Family said...

OK...I am terrible these days keeping up with everyones blogs and life when mine is a whirlwind itself! So I FINALLY got through about four or five pages back and I am all caught up. lat time I was on was F.'s b/d! L. is such a little lady and I love her b/d pictures and celebrations :) Congrats on the job and good luck with the daycare. It is tough to find a place that is good as you :) You know! I had an experience hwre Aidan didn't get changed all day and we found all of his diapers he went with still in his diaper bag- YES we didn't go back the following week and never looked back!

Hillary said...

Thank you, everyone! :D

Anonymous said...

Grattis, Grattis det kommer att bli jätte roligt för dig att få lära ut av all dina kunskap.

Kramar från Kerstin o Lasse

Vi ses till helgen