Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Another good day.

Leia had another good day at daycare!

Each child has a little doll, and today, the other new mom, Linda, and I, got to put yarn hair, eyes and a mouth on our child's dolls.. :/ :) Neither of us really "sew" so.. it was.. interesting. :) Leia's doesn't look too bad I don't think. The mouth was actually the most difficult.

Fredrik came home super early today so that I could go meet my Swedish teacher. He was super-nice, and actually lived in Ohio for a year. :P He was a foreign exchange student in Cleveland, during high school. He is in his 40's, and like most everyone else, has relatives and friends in the US, especially Ohio.

He commented that I am a "driven" student, as well as other Americans, something he really admires. We got along well. :) He is extremely impressed with my Swedish. And he thinks that I speak very, very well. That it is very easy to understand me and that it sounds good. That I just need to raise my confidence. ;)

I don't have to take a national test or anything like that. When I finish my last assignment, then I'm done. But we agreed to meet again, and I'll write a little something for him then, while I am at the building, to sorta end out the class with that. And give me a little spur-of-the-moment assignment to see what my writing is like without so many resources at home (dictionaries, Internet, Fredrik, etc..).

I didn't think he was going to let me leave. And he shook my hand, and took my hands in both of his... and for ahile I thought he was going to ask me out on a date..
Just kidding.. :P But he did freak me out a little. :P

Then Fredrik, Leia and I drove to 3 different places before we finally found the right spot for her BVC appointment...... They are building onto the Familjcentralen (the family center). They are building onto the normal BVC building, so they have split the employees into two different places. But Fredrik went to the vårdcentralen first (the normal health clinic), and that wasn't right at all. Then we went to one of the children's places, and that was wrong. By the time we got to the right place, we were 15 minutes late (also because my teacher wouldn't let go of my hand......). And we passed Leia's doctor on the stairs, luckily... so we got her appointment. She screamed almost the whole time. :D As soon as we took her clothes off. She is just not good with the doctor. She hates being poked at.

Her weight:
11,5 kg (25½ lbs)

Her height:
79 cm (31 ins)

Head circum:
47 cm (18 ins)


The BVC nurse did a few hearing tests with bells, and she thought Leia had extremely good balance for her age, and thought she moved very well. And she got her 3rd immunization shot.

That is all for today.. :P
I spent about 1½ hours writing a poem in Swedish..... :/ It wouldn't have taken so long, but there were certain requirements/guidelines that I had to follow about "plot." It was "lots" of fun!!!!!!

Oh yeah.. Fredrik has to go to.. Lilla Edet for the next 3 days. His boss called him this afternoon, and she asked him to go for the rest of the week, and he said that he couldn't tomorrow, that he has too much other stuff to do. So they agreed for Thursday and Friday. She called back later and said that he has to go tomorrow too... :/ He doesn't have a choice. They need to do more sediment analysis for the ground for a railroad that is being built. I suppose Fredrik has to tell them where to do some of the drilling. It is a 2 hour drive in each direction.. so.. blah.. :/ :) So he will be getting lots of work hours the next 3 days and coming home super late, and possibly leaving early. So I am longing for the weekend, for when we will get to see our Pappa again.. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful!! she will do better as she gets more comfortable.

Anonymous said...

I posted the wrong comment here. It was for the latest post:P

we are proud of your schooling and how well your swedish is going. Great coincident about the teacher!!