Monday, November 17, 2008

Daycare update.

I dropped Leia off at 09.30 on Friday (they called the afternoon before and asked me to bring her at 09.30 instead of 09.00, because that is when the other kids show up. Which isn't true, because they only have 2 on Fridays (the inskolning kids), and he would also show up at 9, but anywho.....)..

I dropped Leia off at 09.30 and they told me good luck for my interview. I had to tell them about it (even though we told no one else, for as to not jinx the whole thing) so they would know I couldn't come and pick her up early. I was meeting with her at 13.00.

So Fredrik called the daycare around 10.00, just to ask them how things are going - if everything is okay, especially since they kept calling me to pick her up. He called me afterwards and he said that it sounded that they kept calling for me to come pick her up because they felt sorry for her. They said that she is doing well, and that things should be fine for her to start her normal schedule.

I was upstairs when the house phone rang at 12.30. We have the phone turned off upstairs so that it won't wake Leia up or disturb us when she is going to bed. I couldn't get to the one downstairs in time, but my cell phone rang right afterwards. It was the daycare...... I didn't call back.

They knew I had the interview at 13.00.
I called Fredrik to call them and see what the problem is.

I leave the house at 13.35 to go pick up Leia. I get there and they are SUPER nice. I mean, they have always been nice.. but now they were going overboard.. :P I have a feeling they realized my annoyance when Fredrik called them back instead of me.. :P

I talk to Fredrik after we get back home, and they just told him that Leia had slept for an hour. One of them had layed with her to help her sleep longer. But she was still super unhappy afterwards and didn't want to do anything.

Right when I got there to pick Leia up, they had said that Leia just wanted to sit on their lap all day. And I said, "That is what she does at home. She sits on my lap all day." And her jaw dropped and she said, "Oh." We are guessing that they think her behavior there is different than at home, but it seems like she is being the same there as at home. I had warned them that she has a bad temper, that she is angry, and that she screams a lot. :P I guess they didn't listen.

We still love the place.
If they call for me to pick up Leia anymore, since she has started her regular schedule now that we will be paying for, we've decided that I'll write down when they had me pick her up, have one of them sign it to confirm it, and then keep doing that, and at the end of the month, we'll send it to the kommun, and ask for our money back for the hours they requested she go home.
There isn't much more we can do besides that. :P

Leia had a bad weekend, though.. :/
She fought with her daddy some.. :/ She is.. starting temper tantrums.. or.. her tantrums are getting worse. :P Daddy moved the coffee table in the way of the floor lamp so that she couldn't shake it violently, and that made her VERY, VERY angry. And she screamed.. for an hour.. :/

So she has started to show more.. defiance. *JOY*

She slept very poorly last night, too. And we were all up for hours trying to also get her to stop screaming and help her go back to sleep. So none of us got very much sleep last night.

We think we understand her.. anger and frustration, and we know there isn't much we can do to help her, and most of the time she doesn't want any help or comfort. We just hope that it passes quickly so that we can all have things a little nicer around here. :/ :)

She was much better today. She was more herself than she was during the weekend. She played better. And when I told her "No" she listened and I ignored her (short) tantrums, and she even wanted to "make-up" afterwards by sitting on my lap.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the unemployment office. I had gone a couple of weeks ago just to start with the whole process. And then my meeting with them is at 11.00 tomorrow. It will be fun to tell her that I've found a little job. :)) But we'll see if there is anything that she can do to help me find something more full-time. She will have to look through all my grades, etc.. and confirm it in the system. And talk about hopes and dreams and goals and all that silly stuff. :)

And sometime last week, the blood bank in Säffle called me.

I had forgotten that awhile ago I had signed up to be a blood donor. There isn't a clinic here in Åmål, and the closest one is in Säffle, so they called. They asked if I could come and give blood on Tuesday, and of course I agreed. I just hope my iron is good enough. :P I was an avid blood giver in the US. Something that I take very seriously, along with organ donation.

Fredrik hates it, but he doesn't mind since it is in Säffle, that means he gets to have McDonald's for dinner.

Okay, now it is bedtime.
A break from school work tonight for CSI and then a few minutes of the movie Youngblood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha!!! They have vampires in Sweden,too. Hope tomorrow is good for Leia:)

The McDonald's said...

You sound like me...lol:))) I make Terry call people or daycare back when they start to annoy me. Can't you tell them no to picking her up? I mean if she's not sick, running a fever, etc, can they really make you pick her up? That seems weird, but probably different systems. Trenton starts his new daycare on 1 Dec.

Hillary said...

It is just easiest for Fredrik to call with the Swedish. Sometimes I don't think they take me seriously (at the daycare - like with warning that she has a bad temper, etc..).

We don't HAVE to pick her up if they call, but knowing that they think it is best for her to go home, it makes me feel sorry for leia thinking that they might not want her there, or might not want to deal with her temperment at the moment.. So then I want to pick her up anyways.. :/

When they called for me to pick her up on Friday and I told Fredrik to call back.. I told him, "If she's bleeding, they take her to the hospital, otherwise, they know I have the important interview, and they shouldn't bother me."

We hope that it works out. Right now Leia is screaming because a balloon is stuck and she can't figure out how to get it out. She gets SO incredibly frustrated.. :/

I hope daycare goes well for Trenton and he likes the new place. I DO plan on e-mailing you.. :/ Hopefully I can do that today while she is at daycare and inbetween dishes, laundry, vacuuming and school work.. ;)