Saturday, March 28, 2009

A short walk.

We went out to play in the snow today. It snowed more last night, and just a little today. But it stayed a few degrees above freezing, so the snow has melted away just a little. Next week is supposed to be warmer - so we are hoping that the snow will finally melt away for good.





There aren't very many pictures of Leia and I together. (My husband isn't the best at taking pictures of us together and at Leia's age now - it has become more difficult for me to take the pictures myself - she wiggles too much.) But here is what I have:










We decided to take a short walk to the little grocery store near the house. Leia got to walk about ½ way until we made it to a bigger street and then Pappa had to carry her. She enjoyed her walk, even though it took us awhile because everyone we passed got a "Hi!" ... :) And she stopped to look at everything, even though she's seen it sooo many times already. :)) She definitely enjoyed her stroll and it made her very, very tired.. (even though she didn't nap at all afterwards.....)







We're still fighting with her to eat. :/
Today I got her to eat a ½ piece of bread with peanut butter on it. And then for dinner, we tried some jar food, and she actually ate some of that. She used to not eat jar food at all - but we are just pleased when she will eat anything. She and I had oatmeal for breakfast (one of her favorites).

We are SO excited for our trip to the US. :)) Fredrik and I are thinking about all the things we want to do. :) Pretty sad that we have to go all the way to the US to be able to go to the movies or get a nice dinner or a trip to the store by ourselves.

We are trying to figure out all those things, like how many suitcases to take. All of our other trips have been Dec-Jan.. but this time we won't have to take Winter clothes! So we are hoping to take as little with us a possible, and then buy whatever we need while we are there. :))) Especially clothes for Leia.

We're planning a 2-3 day trip to Niagra Falls. (Leia will be staying with Mormor + Morfar.) I want to make sure Fredrik sees the Falls from the US and then from the Canadian side as well. Then we are planning a 2 day trip to PA to the Hershey Park, to meet up with my sister, her boyfriend, and her 3 children. (I haven't seen my sister in 5 years!) Then we'll also take a 3-4 day trip to KY to let Fredrik see where my parents grew up and visit with lots of friends and family. :)

We're so very excited. :) I think it makes us happy that we get to visit with people that understand us and accept us how we are. People that think we are fun and entertaining. We don't get that a lot in Sweden ... you know.. since we don't drink coffee and all that. Oooh.. and also a trip to Cedar Point. Not sure I'm going to be interested in any of the roller coasters. But good food and fun souvenirs are what I am interested in! And they have tons of things for babies and children - so that should be a fun day! :)

Okay - now it is definitely sleep time!
Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 21.00..... But tonight I managed to stay up - even though I almost fell asleep at 20.30.. :P

2 comments:

mormor said...

The pics of you and Leia are so good!!! You are so beautiful:) Leia looks so small walking on the road:) We are so looking forward to your visit!!!

Nic's NEWs said...

Great you are heading over for a couple of weeks! It makes for a nice change of scenery and it is great to catch up with people. My problem is that I always think we can do SOOOO much but in reality I am over-ambitious and it is just not possible. I'm getting better as the years go on and I try and book things in advance so we save time when we are there - it is an art this travelling home business!

We are heading over too - I have a friend not far south of the Niagra border so we will make plans to see her - if you are going to Niagra Falls you should try and get to Niagra on the lake - it is so quaint!

Hope you have a great trip!

Blog is looking great by the way - love the pink text.