Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stomach flu.

Leia is sick. :/
Not so much fun. :(

They said at daycare today that she didn't eat much of anything. I didn't think much of it. She ate fine after she got home. Ate dinner and even an apple for dessert. But right before bedtime she threw-up quite a lot. And she then again threw up in her bed later, and then she threw-up.. I don't even know how many times.. :/

The last time was just stomach fluids/acids.. so we think she has finally emptied her stomach. We'd sit up with her, waiting to see if she'd get sick again, and right after we would put her in bed, she would get sick.... :/ :)

But after the last time, I rocked her to sleep and she has been fine since then (almost a ½ hour now).

So no daycare tomorrow. And no daycare meeting (for all the parents) that Fredrik and I were looking forward to tomorrow. :(

Now her tummy is empty, and during the night we will start giving her that salt-sugar-water mixture that we gave her before, and see how she does. She isn't sick like she was before. This is much more stomach-flu than what she was sick with over Christmas. Then she just threw-up once at a time. Now she threw-up until her stomach was empty.

But now to go wash lots of dirty clothes and sheets.. :/ Including a sheep-skin rug from Leia's room that might be ruined now.. :/ :)

And I'll give an update tomorrow of course!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor baby!!! We are so sorry that she is sick:(

The McDonald's said...

Get Well Leia!!

Remember Hillary--it'll be ok and fluids before food! I'm getting a box ready, it there anything specific/special you would like me to send...pedialyte?

Hillary said...

Thanks Carie- She did much, much better today! I only gave her liquids until "dinner" and then she had some yoghurt.

For some reason it has been much easier this time. I think that because last time was the first time she has been *really* sick, just made the "mom" in me come out more. :))

So sweet of you guys to send something! :) Anything is welcome!

Next time I send something, I wanna send something for Allyson and Trenton as well - give me hints on what they like! And clothes size!

Dr. Annie said...

I stumbled upon your blog while searching the web for stomach flu information. I am so sorry that your daughter was so sick. It is so hard to watch the little ones be that sick. I am a mom with a PhD in biochemistry determined to promote awareness of stomach flu facts. I believe that if people were educated about the stomach flu, we all wouldn't have to get it so often. For a wealth of information about the stomach flu including tips to help you avoid getting it and spreading it, please go to my website. http://www.stopthestomachflu.com
I hope you are all feeling better.