Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cute, button nose.

Another child bit Leia's nose at daycare today. :(

When I saw her from across the room, I thought she had blue youghurt on her nose. She came running to me and a teacher came with her and explained that another child bit her. There is a bite mark on the top of her nose and a bit of bruising, and then bite marks underneath, between her nostrils. When I first saw it there was dried blood, and a clear liquid coming from it.

Needless to say, I wasn't exactly happy, but tried to not show too much unhappiness. I just said "det händer" (that happens) and I left it at that.

She made it a point to not say who it was, but I surely hope that she tells the parents of the child, so that the behavior can be worked on. Fredrik thinks it is one of the newer children. I have no idea which one it could have been.

Leia seems un-phased, as children are. She touches it, it might hurt, I just hope it heals well without any scars.

Schindler's List is on TV. :(
I hate watching Schindler's List. I start crying from the beginning until the end.
I can only watch certain movies once and then never again.

Fredrik and I are much better. A cold that lasts for one day?!
We are both coughing a little, and we have lots of icky stuff coming out of our noses, but besides that, we are much better.

It started snowing awhile ago and it still is. Annoying but I love it. :)
It isn't Winter without lots of snow.

Leia received some cute presents yesterday in the mail. :) From "Aunt" Yamini and "cousin" Vanya. :)) A few Hello Kitty items from their recent trip to India.

Then I remembered that first thing on Saturday we went to a toy store, an I bought Leia this:





Fredrik said that he is certain that Leia is going to think Hello Kitty is God when she gets older. :))

3 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Hello Kitty is huge right now. Zales has some beautiful Hello Kitty jewelry right now. I keep looking at it when we go to the mall. If I had a nickle for every time Trenton was bit, I'd be rich! Daycares here can't tell us who bite our children...privacy thing and for fear that we would approach the parents, but they do always tell the parents of the biter. Once Trenton got old enough to vocalize others names, he would tell us who did it. Don't be surprised if you get told that Leia bit someone...she may learn it from whoever is doing it or do it back out of retaliation. Got to love children and the things they do!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bag!!! Glad you all are filling better.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how I spelled "feeling" :p