Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mondays..

Today I'm having a "case of the Mondays" as it would be called....

I'll start off by saying that I've been having trouble with my cell phone. It is over 2 years old, and we all know 2-3 years is the life expectancy of a modern cell phone. So it has been acting funny lately, like not showing the time, for example.

I set my alarm on my cell phone last night, like always.

I woke up on my own at 07.30 this morning. Half an hour later than Leia and I were supposed to get up to make it to daycare on time. And I woke up very, very tired and with a horrible headache. I wake Leia up and we have breakfast. I decide to drive illegally to daycare, giving us an extra 20-30 minutes to get ready, instead of walking.

I "jump" in the shower, only to find cold water. Then I became angry and realized the pellet burner probably ran out of pellets to use. Then I remembered that the last time I refilled it was on Friday, and it was probably very empty. So I took a semi-fast cold shower and then it took me forever to get ready afterwards.

Since the pellet machine had no pellets to use, that meant there was no warm water for the furnaces all night, and the house was freezing. [Since we were in such a rush, I didn't get a chance to refill and restart the pellet machine until after I got home from taking Leia.]

Clean the frost off the car and warm it up and defrost it so I can see to drive, and we finally made it to daycare. Luckily Leia was a perfect angel this morning, which made the horrible morning go a little faster.

We ended up making it only a little late to daycare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully those days are few and far between!!!