Thursday, February 26, 2009

Daycare epidemic.

Fredrik called Leia in sick this morning to daycare, and one of the teachers said, "Is she throwing-up??" And Fredrik confirmed, and she said that everyone else is throwing-up too..... :) Seems like there is a virus going around and everyone else at daycare is also sick! So at least we know where she got it. :)

Seems like no one showed up to daycare today. So that parent meeting we were supposed to have at daycare tonight might very well be cancelled and rescheduled! :) Which is fantastic. We hope they reschedule it. Fredrik and I were both looking forward to going. With everyone sick there might not be many showing up anyways.

Leia managed to throw up about 3 more times last night. :(
She would fall asleep very easily when I held her, but she didn't want to be alone. So Leia and I kicked Fredrik out of bed. :) Fredrik got the couch and Leia and I slept in bed together. She went to sleep without trouble. She didn't throw up any more after that.

I woke her up at 4.45 and gave her some of her sugar-salt-water mixture. I continued giving it to her this morning. She drank 1 liter (4 cups), within a 4 hour period. Then before her nap, I let her have "majsvälling" (corn-based thick formula). 'Välling' and yoghurt is all she is allowed to have today. And if she is still okay by tomorrow, then by tomorrow evening we'll add apples to her diet. :) We're going to take it very slow.

She is in a fantastic mood though. Playing very well and happy.

Since she can get on the couch now - that is her favorite place to read her books. :) There was once only toys all over the floor, but now there are toys all over the couch as well. :)

She fell asleep for her nap today without trouble. She's been sleeping over 2 hours. She drank ½ her portion of välling and I put her in bed and she didn't make a peep. I'll give her some more välling and water-mixture when she wakes up. Then for dinner, she can have as much yoghurt as she wants.

I got some pictures off the daycare's website! There are pictures of them out in the snow. I'll add those later. :)

I'm feeling pretty okay I suppose - for not having got ANY sleep last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have had better luck with the web cam today. Glad she is doing better!!

The McDonald's said...

Welcome to the world of daycare. We've been blessed, although pink-eye, strep throat, & pnuemonia has been in the daycare, Trenton & Lillie have been illness-free.