Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas get-togethers, part 2.

Fredrik has his Julbord today, his work Christmas dinner. It was in Gothenburg from 5-7 PM. But he couldn't get a train until 8, and that went to Trollhättan. From there he will have to take a bus, and he won't get home until 11. So it was just Leia and I this afternoon and evening. Leia didn't get to see her Pappa at all today, and she won't see him probably until tomorrow evening.

And I'm still jealous that even Leia has a Christmas get-together and I don't.. :T

I really hate the separation in Sweden of work and family. It really bothers me. In the US, you take your family along for work parties and gatherings and all that. In Sweden it isn't even a possibility. They want their workers to be VERY close and friends and all that. Personally I think the best way for that is to have your family with you, so that everyone can get to know each other. But obviously Swedes think it is a better idea to put their workmates together, with a bunch of booze and away from their families.

Yeah.. I'm bitter.
I think it's really stupid.

No comments: