Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mitt drömhus.

Okay, yes - so I've found my dream house.

Fredrik is extremely interested in it as well, as I found out that he drove passed it 2 weeks before I even found it. (Funny that he didn't tell me about the house, huh?) ;)

Even though he would also love to have the house, he is a little more reality based than I am. Not saying that I'm not realistic, maybe just more determined. :)

But here is my house, which Fredrik is certain will be sold to two Norwegian families, for about 3x more than the asking price:

You can see the house HERE for as long as the house is for sale. (The link will disappear once the house has been taken off the market.)

To see the larger version of the house pictures, click on "Alla bilder" under the constant changing house pictures.





I Love this house.
Actually, I think I am in-love with it.


Some house facts, since it is all written (of course) in Swedish:

Built in: 1875. The house is a converted school house. It was used until 2001 for this purpose until it was bought and renovation started. The windows have been replaced and renovation has begun on some of the house.
Rooms: 9 (not including kitchen, bathroom, or cellar)
Living space: 2110 sq. feet
Non-living space: 1400 sq. feet
Yard: 1.6 acres

Cost: 125,000$
(based on an exchange rate of 7sek to the dollar)

It is about a 15 minute drive for Fredrik to work. Smack-dab in the middle of his two other male workmate's houses.

I am so in-love with this house that I have inlisted the help of many, many friends to try to help me convince him that we should really consider a move. His main concern is heating, as the house is huge. But there are fireplaces and rooms could be shut off. There is a lot of renovation that still needs to be done, like the kitchen and probably the bathroom. The parts that have been updated are beautiful and there is no BAD renovation to work from. So what you'd have to work with is a good base, no bad taste or bad, puffy wallpaper that we seem to be blessed with in all of our homes so far.

Of course we won't get it, but I would give almost anything to have this house.
I have school, and some good job possibilities in the future, and we love Leia's daycare. I'm not sure we want to uproot (yet, again). But this is definitely the house we want. It is huge, which is what we need. We need the room. A house like this would finally allow me to ship over my belongings from the US.

I think I might have talked him into calling the realitor, though - so that we can go and take a look at it at least. If anything, I'd love to walk around inside and just admire it!

We'd have so much room for our belongings. We'd have tons of room when Mormor and Morfar come and stay with us. And my best friend, Carie, and her husband are both trying to get military transfers to Germany for them and their 3 children. How awesome for them to be able to travel and stay with us.

I love the yard. A nice fence. And then I was thinking of making a nice, smaller, white picket-fence inside the yard, a smaller area for Leia, where we wouldn't have to worry about any streets (which we still do where we live now). And who knows, the option of getting a dog finally arises.. ;) A nice beagle or bassett hound in the yard would be lots of fun. Beautiful trees where we can finally have a swing for Leia.

Ahh.. dreams..
Although, I wouldn't object to more taunting towards Fredrik.. ;)

3 comments:

SwedeLife said...

Expecting a miracle on your behalf! You sound so committed! Can't wait to see your move in day pictures. I love the quote 'how is none of my business'- set the intention, let the universe work out the details. Set your budget and make an offer, even if it seems crazy low. A friend moved in a bigger house and is saving $ with earth heat, there are tax credits for installing it too. There is a way.

mormor said...

We wouldn't mind you getting the house!!! It looks really nice and there are endless possibilities!!!!

Hillary said...

We'd love to have the house, but I think we are tired of moving. There would have to be a very good reason to make us move again, like a very large increase in pay. We've moved 5 times in 7 years! Even though the house is cheaper than the one we own now, we would never get a loan for renovation since I don't have a job.

Oooh well.. when it is meant to happen, it will happen..