Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trötthet.

trötthet [²tr'öt:he:t] noun
fatigue


I've been so tired lately. :P I've been falling asleep on the couch for the last few evenings and then Fredrik has to drag me up to bed when he realizes that I've fallen asleep.

Leia wasn't feeling too well today we don't think. She laid in the couch today for awhile off and on.. head on a pillow, pacifier and kitty, and even under the cover. She was very tired. She has never done that before. That is the first time that she has ever taken a break on her own without us putting her to sleep. So we think something is bothering her, maybe her tummy (constipated) or her teeth are pushing through more.

She's a non-stop child. :) Only one time has she ever fallen asleep because of fatigue. That was after her 3 straight weeks of not sleeping after we got back from the US. She was sitting on the couch and playing with her blocks and she just fell asleep - hand still in the toy box. :) So that is good to know.. it takes 3 weeks of no sleep for her to fall sleep on her own.. :P

We're all doing well.. :P Rain, rain, rain and more rain.. :( Very little outside house work this past week. Fredrik did as much scraping as he could, but it rained too much for him to get on the roof and paint. And I've been painting the deck here and there during the few dry spells. So we spent some time trying to throw things away and stuff like that.

Fredrik goes back to work tomorrow. :( Going to miss him. :(
He is going to take more pappa-leave though. He has decided to take 2 days off a week. :) So he will only work 3 days a week then. He'll start in a couple of weeks. He did get plenty of work calls though this week (so he is never *really* on vacation).. :P But lots more work is coming in, so that is good. He might not have to go up to Norrland after all.

I've met with 2 of my teachers and I'll meet the 3rd one on Wednesday.

My English teacher was old but very sweet. :)
The class is late afternoon, so there is no way that I can go to it and she was a little sad about that. She thinks that I would be a good asset to the class, for the other students that is, with having a native English speaker in the class. I am still a little surprised that they let me get away with taking the class.. but anywho.. We'll be reading tidbits of novels that I analized to death at University.. ;) So I don't think the class will be much of a challange. :) But fun! I told her that it has been awhile since I've written anything in English with some substance, so I am really looking forward to it!

I made it to my first Samhällskunskap class (social studies).. and oooooh my gooodness....... I have NEVER had such a boring teacher in all of my life. After 26 years of schooling in two different countries, and possibly hundreds of teachers -- I have finally met the most boring teacher in existance.

The woman is.. kind.. but emotionless. She is very knowledgable and projects that knowledge well ....... but she is expressionless in her jestures and in her face and.... We sat there.. for like a good 80 minutes and just looked at each other. Each time she explained something (like how to turn the pages in a text book) she would go around the room and ask each person if they understood what was going on. It was so incredibly painful.

The class is at a local "high school" but pretty far from the house, so it isn't possible for me to get there, and definitely not possible for me to get to Leia in time afterwards. And thank goodness I have an excuse, because there is NO way that I can sit in her class. There are also others, thank goodness, that can't make it very regularly (others that work and/or have children).

Luckily I was sitting next to some very nice Swedes that kept me awake during the class. One also has a daughter, 1½ years old and she is married. The other is 24 years old. Both of them retaking the class to be able to continue to University studies. Both very sweet, I really enjoyed talking to them!

At our first chance, one of them turned to me and said, "So you are from the US?" (As I explained when we had to introduce ourselves to the classroom.) And she asked, "WHY are you in Åmål?!?!?!" :D They were curious as to where I was from and how I ended up in this horrible, little town. We talked a bit about Swedish university stuff. I was surprised by how open and nice they were, and how talkative. Maybe because they were younger than the other people that Fredrik and I have encountered here in town. Even if I never get a chance to talk with them again - I so enjoyed the chatting we had!

I will meet my Swedish teacher on Wednesday.

Thanks to my good friend Yamini in Nyköping, I saved 300sek (40$) on my school books! She gave me a tip about a sale that a certain website was having and I got a really good deal. The 3 books that I ordered would have cost me 900sek (140$), so instead I only paid 600sek (100$). Cool!

I am so tired.. :P I am using all my will-power and strength to not fall asleep right now.. :P

Leia's most favoritest thing to do right now is to color. ALL day long she has to "color." "Coloring" involves Mommy and/or Daddy writing the alphabet so she can say the letters. :) Or going through numbers. She is much more confident with her numbers. When she goes through her letters, she will look at me before she says it and then say it once we have eye contact. She does great with it.

Hmm..

Fireplace guy is coming September 14th! He figures 2 weeks to complete everything.

Ehh.. I think that that is it for tonight.. :P

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

I got the gift today!! Thank you so much, they should fit her this winter and probably a few months after that.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you got them!
I know it wasn't much but I thought they were so cute!