Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting ready.

We're getting ready for lots of things.

Tomorrow I go early in the morning to the hospital in Säffle to give blood. Something that I encourage everyone to do, no matter where you live.
If you would like more information on donating blood in Sweden, HERE is a link to get you started.

And while I'm at it, I want to encourage everyone to become an organ donor.
The Swedish link is HERE.

I registered myself as an organ donor my 2nd day in Sweden. :P Fredrik refused to let me register him... *sigh* But as soon as we received Leia's social identity number, I registered her AND Fredrik. :P So.. go do it! :))
I am very proud to have all 3 of us registered.

Even though we dust and vacuum the dining room (where the fireplace is located) at least twice a day and each morning when we come into the room, there is a new layer everywhere.... The stuff just won't go away.. :(( So today we did lots more cleaning, like we have all weekend. Leia of course did her part, too. She loves to use the duster, so she gets that job.

We also need to find someone to make a... ehhh.. thing to go infront of the fireplace, on the floor.. :P So we made the shape of that on the floor, of how we hope to have it look, and then we will go talk to someone about it tomorrow.

Tomorrow a bit more cleaning up for Mormor and Morfar to arrive. Empty up their room some more, etc..

And tomorrow we are going to go try to pick out a color of paint for the living room and dining room. Going to be the same color for both rooms. Well, I think it should be the same color, Fredrik wants different colors. But I think it would look strange to have different colors, seeing how the rooms are connected with such a large doorframe and it seems more like one larger room than two separate rooms. But we will try to pick something out and get a sample of it, and then bring it home and try it on the wall before we actually make the purchase.

So we've been trying to clean up the room to make it ready for painting. I oiled the oak dining furniture today (took about an hour to do the long cabinet, dining table and 6 chairs). < sarcasm > Lots of fun! < /sarcasm > And I started putting around the blue tape for painting purposes. Leia loved helping with that today, too. :))

I haven't done much school work this weekend, and I am a bit behind again. But I don't care. :P It isn't worth getting stressed out with it when it is just silly high-school level classes. Especially when I am over-qualified to even teach the English class that I'm taking.

We're planning a trip to Nordens Ark soon after my parents arrive. We want to make sure we get a trip there before it gets too cold and we won't get to see any of the animals! :) We've been to the gates of the zoo, but we haven't been in. We go past it on our way to Smögen. But we decided that last summer Leia was a little too young to make the cost worth it. But the zoo is open every day of the year! How cool is that? So maybe we can make a couple of trips there while they are here.

We are planning a little "birthday party" for Leia the weekend before her birthday, on the 10th. We'll have Mormor and Morfar here, and hopefully Farmor and Farfar, and then we invited our neighbors and their grandchildren, if they happen to be here. Otherwise, it will just be all of us old folks and Leia. :)

Leia has her birthday day off from daycare, but that day is when the photographer will be there, so we'll end up there that day anyways. And I'm guessing on Wednesday will be the day they celebrate Leia's birthday. Since there are so few children there, they celebrate each birthday individually, unlike larger daycares that have one party a month for the children that have that month as a birthday. The parents are expected to bring a treat for the children. And then they sing "Happy Birthday" in Swedish, of course, and then they give the child a little gift. They decorate with balloons and all of that, so it is really nice!

Most parents take ice cream, it is cheapest and easiest, and possibly easiest for the daycare workers too. But I wanna do something different and give a little American influence, so I am making some American cupcakes. :) With very little frosting, so to not make the children hyperactive for the rest of the day. :D And I might take some homemade cookies, too.. for those children that of course won't like their first taste of American deliciousness. ;)

But now I should maybe try to read a little before bed. I need to read a novel in Swedish and write a paper about it. I am almost done with the novel.

More soon!


No comments: