Saturday, September 05, 2009

Didn't feel like Friday.

Yesterday did NOT feel like Friday, and today doesn't feel like Saturday.

I had a migraine on Thurday and Friday and Leia didn't sleep at all on Thursday night. We decided that since we never give her her sleeping medicine (feel guilty about it); we decided to give it to her last night. She really needed a good nights sleep, as she we couldn't remember the last time that she slept more than a couple of hours in a row. And I really needed to sleep too, and get rid of my migraine.

She slept well last night, and it was needed for all of us. She got up at 5 and came and got in our bed and slept maybe at least another hour. I fell asleep last night on the couch at 21.30 and I really needed that, too. Fredrik let me lay there and sleep for awhile and then we went up to bed.

I've only gotten one of my books. :( Still waiting for the rest to arrive in the mail. So I've been trying to look at my Swedish work. I have to order another book, though for my Swedish class. I have to pick 2 novels to read, too. I'm starting to regret taking 75% study credits.. :/ Going to be tough I think to get through all the work. Although I always forget that Swedish studies go muuuuuuuuuch slower than they do in the US. The pace is just not the same. So I'm sure I'll get through it okay in the end.

This morning we went out and about in town, looking around and ended up getting some groceries. Fun to get out though. The weather is definitely Autumn. The weather stays around 13-14 degC (55 degF). And it is getting darker every day. The days are getting shorter and shorter. Almost every other day I have to change the time on the light timers, so that they come on when it gets dark.

Hmm...
Fredrik has gone down to 50% work time! He is taking pappa-leave.
So 50% of his work time he will get his full salary.
Then the other 50% time (the time he is off from work) he will get 80% salary from the government and then his job gives him another 10%. So for his 50% time off, he will still receive 90% of his salary. (The employer is allowed to pay 0-20% of the remaining salary, based on their own company policies.)
But it will still be a cut in pay, but worth it he thinks. :)

He can get some things done around the house and Leia can stay home and we can take some trips to the summer house.

His boss was very pleased and supportive. It will give the new guy, Axel, a chance to work in the area. He has been having to go down and work in Gothenburg because of the lack of work here.

He'll be starting next Friday and it will continue until the end of December. :) But if something happens that he has to go back to work more, then he can do that.

So he will work 3 days one week and then the next work only 2 days and then it will go back and forth like that until Christmas. So some weekends will be 4 days and some will be 5 days.
Pretty awesome, though, huh?


----------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been writing on this a little bit at a time all day.. :P It is now 16.47 and Fredrik and Leia are out running around in the rain. :) She always walks down to the lake and walks out on the dock and they look at the boats and the water. She loves it! We'll be in the house and Fredrik will ask her if she wants to take a trip to the lake after dinner and she points out the window in the right direction and says "Där water!" (There water!)

:)

Lots of laundry today and trying to constantly teach Leia to put her toys away after she has played with something.

Lots of cleaning and straightening and throwing stuff away. We are constantly trying to get rid of things we don't use or aren't planning on using.

My parents will be here in about 24 days or so! :) We are looking forward to it. Fredrik and I are already planning to go away for a night or two by ourselves. :) They will be here from Sept 28th until Nov 5th. :) They will be here for all of our birthdays and Halloween!!! :)

We might also be lucky enough to have some company at the end of October! Our friends, Dian + Shawn, and their 3 children are hoping to maybe finally get to make a visit and see us! They hope to come spend the last week of October with us. :) So we have our fingers crossed that they will get to come and see us. My parents are the only US visiters that we've had. No one else has been able to make the long trip, so Fredrik and I are really looking forward to this.

My boss at Medborgarskolan has printed up some really nice fliers for me to put up around town here. We're still really pushing about having the courses. My Swedish teacher said she had seen the children's course, but her daughter is 5, and the course is for 7-9 year olds. I think she was a little disappointed. :/ :) But she was super proud when she looked at it and realized that it was her student that was teaching. :)

I met my Swedish teacher last week, btw!
I love her!!
She is so sweet and adorable. Very nice and easy going. It was so easy to talk with her, we got along really well!
She started out speaking veeeery slow and very easy words in Swedish.. :D And then I told her that I've been living here 7 years.. ;) Makes me a little curious as to how bad the Swedish is of the other students in her Swedish A and B courses.. :/ :))

Now I want to fold some more clothes and put them away.
Then a bunch of other stuff, too.. :P
More soon!

1 comment:

mormor said...

We are excited that we will be there soon!!! Glad Fredrik will have time off.