Thursday, January 29, 2009

More angry than sad.

I found out today that I have no classes.

I talked to my "boss" and she said that 'no one' signed up for the classes. I find it hard to believe that no one signed up - but maybe just not enough. I am more angry than sad I believe. I was sorta expecting to not have the classes in Åmål, but I thought the one in Säffle was a definite. I am still "employed" by them, but I don't get paid until I have classes of course.

So I am a bit depressed; Fredrik brought me home some Ben and Jerry's (chocolate chip cookie dough, of course).

Not sure if or when I will actually have a class now, but I do know that I am tired of the job hunting and job searching. I'm finished. I'm tired of applying for jobs (including this one) that I am overqualified for. I'm going to have to settle for a part time stay-at-home-mom position.

With the money from the job, I was going to save up to get my Swedish driver's license. Looks like that isn't going to happen now.

Go back to school?
Ehh.. I'm tired of school.

I have a very I-don't-care-about-life attitude right now. Which I suppose is to be expected.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are disappointed. Things will fall into place if you keep a positive attitude:) It may not seem like it will, but it will!!! We love you and are proud of you and how you have kept improving yourself and learning the language. Not many Enlish speakers there can say that. Be proud of your self. This is just a little set back. Don't you just love "pearls of wisdom" from Mom!! LOL

yams said...

that sucks hillary. go figure, right? too good to be true sometimes..but that fact that u got so happy and excited about it and then this is not fun. especially in this fantastic gray weather. things have to get better, just remember that u are better off than many others. thats what keeps me grounded, especially after visiting bombay. makes u appreciate more things u have that are simple. and leia is there to keep u happy too :)

Hillary said...

Mom:
Of course it isn't the end of the World, but it feels like it!
But at least I had a pint of B&J's to drown my sorrows in. :))

Hillary said...

Yamini:
The thing is is that ... I still have the job, we just have to get more people to sign up! But this is the first time the classes are being offered in this area, so it is still a very new thing. And probably no one knows about it. So hopefully the popularity will grow and I can start teaching !!

I don't know what I would do without my baby girl! She definitely helps me to smile on those rainy days..