Friday, January 09, 2009

Feels like Spring.

The weather was very beautiful today. Unbelievably nice. :) It has been so cold lately that it was nice to have a little Spring weather. It has been a completely mild Winter though.. not very typical Swedish weather.

Leia has been doing great at daycare. :) She hasn't been taking naps for them, but they say she is very happy and content. She walks around laughing all the time and she eats very, very well. :)

At night now, she goes to bed easily. Just give her a kiss and hold her a few seconds in the dark in her room. Lay her in bed, put her kitty beside her and cover her up - and that is that. She goes to sleep on her own, without complaining or making a peep. :) I don't think we could have it better than that. She has been sleeping 12 hours at night (at least). So she is sleeping usually from at least 7-7.

Fredrik was alone at work this week, for the 3 days he was there. Wednesday it was completely empty, and the last 2 days, his workmate that recently had a baby, Owe, actually showed up for awhile. Fredrik does enjoy having it empty at work, though, because he gets much more accomplished when it is quiet. He probably wouldn't have worked the rest of the week, but he had plenty to do for the sanitation project that he is still working on. At least Fredrik got to chat plenty with the Owe, and they (he, his girlfriend and baby) hope to stop by the house some time in the near future.

I had my meeting last night in Säffle. It started at 17.30 and was supposed to end at 21.00. Which was okay because the only evening/night bus showed up at 21.25. Well, the class ended up finishing around 19.40, but luckily we talked for awhile and we were done at 20.00. It was a 10 minute walk to the bus/train stop, and then I had to wait outside for the bus to show up. I was FREEZING by the time the bus came. :/ :) I tried to move around but it wasn't a very exciting place to be.

The trip from Säffle to Åmål only took 20 minutes but the bus only stops at the train station, which is a very cold 30 minute walk home. :/ There is a train that I could take, but it goes infrequently. The train trip only takes 10 minutes.

To waste time, I took pictures around the bus/train station. :)














The "class" was fun last night! It was an informational meeting about different stuff and just some tips with teaching and some history about the school. She also went over some administrational things. There were two other girls there with me, also in the "class." One was 15½ and the other 17.. :D I felt so OLD!! One will have a dance class and the other an art class, but with children. The "teacher" was very excited to be expanding the classes into Åmål. :) We are also able to continue our education education.. hmm.. We can continue getting training for teaching, a formal education. They offer it in a few cities in the country, and it lasts for a weekend. They pay for transportation, hotel and all food. So that is something that I am going to look into! Since I have a language class, I will get special instruction for languages, while others have a general course they take together. Definitely something to look into for the future.

I did find out that there are a few children already signed up for the Åmål class. :) The children's class is the one I am most looking forward to. Hopefully I'll have all 3 classes. :) (Just depends on if enough people sign up for them.)

So I ended up getting home at 22.30 last night and I was pretty tired and very, very cold.

Today I spent the day cleaning. This week I've made lots of quiche and bread for the freezer. Today I made some banana-nut bread, did lots of laundry and scrubed the kitchen. I did miss Leia a lot today though. :/ :(


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! Nice pics of the station. Glad you enjoyed the meeting. It will be exciting!!!