Friday, January 02, 2009

Again.

Leia threw up again. :(
Everything she had from "dinner." And.. not only did she just throw up.. but she was sitting on my lap in the couch.. so she threw up all over me, all over my face and hair.. SO disgusting. :/ Fredrik threw Leia in the bathtub, and I got in the shower.. and.. ugh.. :/ :)

She was much happier afterwards, of course.. she felt much better. She started coughing a lot, and ended up throwing up from that.

Fredrik called the nurse's number again and they said it sounded like a stomach flu/virus. That we pushed too much with food she shouldn't have had (gröt/oatmeal type). She gave us a better list of foods to give and to not give.

She told us to start with the water mixture again and be careful of what food we give her and take it more slow with the food. She said she knows we are concerned, but that we just have to wait it out and all that. She wasn't surprised by anything we told her and she said it sounded like a stomach bug. She does think that Leia is sleeping too much, so she suggested waking her up after a shorter period, just to make sure she gets some fluid.

We tried giving her the fluid this evening, but she wasn't too interested and she got very angry when we pushed it. It was almost an hour after her bedtime and she was so tired. She got about 100ml (3-4 ozs) before going to bed.

It isn't easy waiting it out!!
I'm a hypochondriac, and.. so I think that Leia has some awful illness......

I've had an upset stomach since she's been sick, worrying about her.. And I have a feeling it will be that way until she is 110% better. :(

4 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Hillary--your not the first mother to worry like this, but you really need to try and just let it pass and run its course. Having a sick child is no fun (I know) because you can't help them. Remember food is not as important as the liquid...it looks like we're in the same boat right now. She will be fine, and I know that's easier for me to say than for you to believe. Hopefully she takes the weekend when both of you are home and starts getting better. You get some rest!! BTW--I like the new layout. I have the picture at the top on my hutch in the dining rm. Take care!!

Hillary said...

Thank you for the comment, Carie! I know I need to not worry so much - I think it might also be that we feel so alone, Fredrik and I, without having family and friends nearby.

I can always count on you to point me back in the right direction.

So are you back at home now?? I hope that Lillie is doing better!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that she is still so sick. It is really a trial and error situation. This is your first real test as parents of a sick child. It will not be the last, but you will know much more the next time. I wish we were close to help you. We feel bad about that:(

The McDonald's said...

I understand what you're going through...I'm not that strong, trust me. I lost it when they said they were putting her back into the hospital. I just do a lot of research. We were not home when I did the update. We had WiFi at the hospital, and I wanted to update everyone on her status. We are home now though, came home Friday night (late again). She's doing better, eating still like crazy and pooing lots...which gets rid of the bilirubin. The Dr's have told us that after the light treatment, the levels should and will just keep going down. Once she's treated, it won't come back. She looks a lot better too. When we took her in she looked like a pumpkin...really!! BTW--Lillie LOVES the little cow rattle you sent. It kept her interested in something while they were messing with her in the hospital.