Thursday, August 28, 2008

New schedule + 12 month plan.

So I'm trying a new schedule with Leia. Since we know when she will be starting daycare, I want her on a better schedule. Her morning nap is very soon after she wakes up, and her afternoon nap is a bit forced. So I really wanna get her to 1 nap during the day, hopefully a longer one. Right now she sleeps 2 naps 1½-2 hours each nap. I would be happy with 1 nap at 3 hours or something like that.

This morning she went to bed at 10.45 (instead of 9). I gave her much more of a breakfast, 1½ portion of her baby cereal. So I hope that we can fix her schedule better. It would probably work to give her a double portion. She is a hungry little baby in the mornings. :))

I also have a 12-month plan of getting Leia off of her bottle. She still takes formula for her naps and at bedtime. By the time she starts daycare, I want her off her bottles for her day-time naps, and for her night-bottle I want her only to have cow's milk (I don't care if she has a bottle for that). So we'll see how that goes! I don't really think the bottles will be that big of a problem, except she might not sleep unless she gets them. So ... that is why I'm trying to figure out a new schedule and trying to make things better for her daycare-days. :)

We are.. a bit nervous about her going to daycare. Not because of the workers, but because of Leia. :)) Even though she is a good baby, we are afraid she will be a horror.. :D Be mean to the other children, scream all the time, not eat for them... But I have a feeling that that is not an uncommon fear for parents. :/ :) We are afraid they will call us to come pick her up and they will tell us she can never go there again... :D

She has been trying lots of new foods. :)
Farmor made Leia some applesauce from some apples from Aina's yard. So she has been having some of that with some cinnamon added in. She's had chicken, baked beans, turkey and ham lunch meat on sandwiches, salmon, cous cous.. among some others. And she's been getting cow's milk too. It isn't that popular right now, but she is getting more used to it.


Bubbles with a little bit of Leia.






I know I've been horrible about writing lately. :/ I can't use the laptop when Leia is around, she bangs on the keyboard and tries to steal my mouse. :T

I have finally gotten intouch with my teachers, and they've finally gotten back intouch with me. I have a new Swedish teacher. His name is Rolf. And I still have my bookkeeping teacher for my SPCS class. He is really busy it seems, so he isn't in that much of a hurry to get me started. I don't think it will take me long to finish that class anyways. I am probably the least of his worries right now. But only those 2 classes this term. Only parttime.

And I've been trying to keep in touch more with friends than spending time blogging. Our new friends in the area are fantastic and I love chatting with them, even through e-mails.

We're trying to put together plans for Leia's first birthday party. :) I think Mormor is going to be sending us some Hello Kitty decorations from the US. :))

Leia and I have also been taking at least one walk during the day. Trying to get in some exercise, and she loves to be outside. Fredrik and I need to make a trip to Säffle (our new favorite place to shop) and buy Leia a good rain and snow outfit so that she can go outside when it is now wet. She will need them for daycare, too. I wanna get her a new pair of jeans, too, for her birthday - she needs pants.

Leia received the cutest presents from "Aunt Yamini" and "Cousin Vanya" from their trip to the US. *jealous* I wanna go shopping in the US too!!! :)

I had the strangest dream the other night.. :/ Leia's Uncle Johan had 4 wives!! including Aunt Anna, and Fredrik and I were camping with the 5 of them in the mountains somewhere.. It was a strange dream. And then like always someone disfigured showed up with an axe and tried to kill us all. (A typical dream for me.) And we all ran away and I got saved by someone that looked like the guy from my Swedish class in Nyköping that was from Kosovo.






Fredrik's worried about having time to fix and finish and do things for the house. Having a baby takes time, having a house takes time... having both.. ehh.. :D There is some painting he wants to get done before Winter, but we've been having so much rain, it is difficult to get to it. And he wants to really trim down our hedge, so that it will hopefully fill-in in the areas where it is bare (or it will just die and we'll have to replace it). :)) And it is raining so much, he is mowing a couple of times a week. We need to replace a door in the cellar before we have our next pellet-burner inspection - and a few other things here and there that are always in the back of your mind. :/ :)

I have lots of pictures to fix on fotopages (where I store pictures to share), but the website hasn't been wanting to cooperate lately, and I haven't been able to add anything.

Lots of little things for us to do and get done, things that we have to get done and things we would like to get done. so we'll see how much of it we actually accomplish. :))


A picture.

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

Try mixing the cow's milk with the formula (if you're not already). We did that for Trenton when he started it (around Leia's age) and we did a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture and slowly decreased the formula week after week until he was on milk. Just something to try. Congrats on the daycare! I can't believe she's going to be 1 in less than 2 months...they grow up so fast. I understand your worries about leaving her at daycare, but you might be surprised...children are usually better for other people and away from their parents.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a pic of both my baby girls!!!! The other pics are great also. She will be great with the other babies:)
mormor