Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sun and yardwork.

Yesterday we finally had a very warm, sunny day. It has been raining so much, that it was so nice to have a sunny day. It rains at least a little bit every day. Today it was mostly cloudy and windy, but only rained a few minutes in the afternoon. The neighbor complained yesterday about all the rain - about how unusually much it was this year.

We've been thoroughly enjoying Fredrik's time off from work. He's been working a little here and there in the evenings on his maps. He isn't going to take pay for those hours, instead he can write up the hours and take those hours some other time then. Having extra hours to take off from work here and there is necessary when you have a little one at home!

I'm going to be so sad when he returns back to work on Tuesday. It is already making me a little gloomy. It is so nice to have him home and for all 3 of us to get to spend so much time together. It makes me wish that we could be like this all the time. :)) I am thankful though that he has the opportunity to take so much time from work and that he gets so much vacation. We do get a lot more than some others, so we definitely do not take for granted the time that we have.

This week we have been working LOTS in the yard. Leia wants to be out all the time, so it is a perfect chance to try to get a few things done. Weeds and pruning and trying to figure out and plan what we wanna do with things. Today Fredrik and I dug up the slate pathway in our "garden." (Garden in the sense that it only has strawberries and raspberries.) :)) We want to redo the entire area and make a proper garden. So we lifted stones that probably haven't been moved in 50+ years and killed lots and lots of red ants. :)

Yesterday, we spent a good lot of the day talking with the neighbor. :) Nils hasn't returned yet. :( But hopefully tomorrow. :) But it was a lot of fun talking with the neighbor, Ulla's husband -- I'm not sure what his name is!! I'm sure Fredrik knows though..

But through all our talking, we found something in common - music! He plays the organ and he thinks that a sax and an organ sound fantastic together! So he is determined that we get together and play music. :))) But I don't have my sax in Sweden!! :( So we talked lots about music and his days playing in restaurants and dance clubs. Awesome! :) We talked lots about having children and that you just don't have time to do anything. He said his daughter and her husband bought their house years ago and it needed lots of work inside and out, and they haven't had a chance to do anything with it. He said that you just have to wait. :)) He loves the pictures that I gave them and he thinks I'm a great photographer. I showed him our photo printer and he really liked it, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one now. We talked about his retirement and the job where he used to work. We found out that he grew up in the house across the street and his best friend grew up in our house. :)) And we talked about school for me and he thinks my Swedish is super-awesome! He said that it is easy to understand me and that I can say what I want to say. I said that I just wish I wasn't so shy still with speaking. I appreciated his compliment. :)) Blah blah blah blah blah blah!! :D

While we chatted, Leia was playing in their yard. *sigh* If their garage happens to be open, it doesn't take long before Leia is in there getting out all of Nils' toys! :D They don't seem to mind, for the most part at least. :))) They are so good with her and you can tell how much they like her. :)

It was lots of fun chatting with him!!!

Some pictures!


Fredrik using his work instrument to make a hole in the ground.


























1 comment:

mormor said...

I think Fredrik is enjoying that sandbox also! Has Caesar discovered it yet?