Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grävmaskin.

grävmaskin :: excavator


On Monday, I heard lots of noise outside and walked out to see a very small excavator digging in our side property. This is the second time that they have dug it up, and probably not the last. It was a telephone company, refixing lines that were laid improperly to begin with, so someone said. I sent an SMS to Fredrik after checking out what they were doing and Fredrik was a bit annoyed, because they are supposed to inform you first and tell you what they are going to be doing.

I went back out to take some pictures and see more what they were doing, and probably someone saw of course, and it wasn't a few seconds later that someone rang the doorbell, going on about that they were digging and what they were doing. I told him in Swedish that maybe he should talk to my husband since my Swedish wasn't so good.. ;) And I gave him Fredrik's business card. (I think I've handed it out more than Fredrik has.) :D He looked at it a few seconds, happiness or annoyance that he had to speak with someone in the business?? And he stood and talked with Fredrik and then he asked me if he could keep the business card.

Fredrik called me right after and told me that he told the guy just to make sure that they put the property marker back in the right place. They completely killed our plum trees with the excavator.. ugh.. but they needed to be trimmed anyway.. :/ :)

So we'll see if and when they will be back again. More interesting for them though, I think. When they know they have someone who isn't on the project that is going to be making sure they do everything properly.


Digging.


Trying to find the cables.


A big trench.


A bigger truck showed up to fill in the trench.


Flatter than it was the first time they filled it in.

2 comments:

The McDonald's said...

What about the grass? Are they going to put some grass back down or something? Terry would be upset about the grass. Hope all is well. Love ya!!

Hillary said...

When they are done, it is their responsibility to resow grass. So says Fredrik. :)