Sunday, July 12, 2009

Leia eat.

Leia's new favorite phrase is "Leia eat." :) So now we aren't sure if she wants to eat or if she just likes saying her new phrase. :))

And I lost my voice yesterday because I have been coughing so much, so I am having a horrible time telling Leia what to do -- or what not to do. It must be a cold. The strangest and longest cold that I've ever had.... I can't speak very well, so I am having a horrible time directing Leia, so I've been doing lots of clapping to get her attention and lots of pointing.

Yesterday was lots of cookie baking and today I will try to make lots of quiche. Fredrik had Leia-duty last night, since it was the weekend. So now he is sleeping and I am trying to get some things done. :/ I was able to do some laundry yesterday. But we've been having so much rain we haven't been able to do all the yard work that we need to do.

Starting this past Friday, Leia's daycare is on vacation for the next 3 weeks...... We still have to pay. Everyone has to pay the minimum 15 hours. Which is a law and all that, it doesn't just apply to her daycare, but it just doesn't seem right. Not all daycares shut down completly, so I don't think it is right that we still have to pay if they decide to go on vacation. They can split up their vacation times just like everyone else. Anywho..

So just Leia and I.. :/ Going to be tough I think! We get bored easily, especially if I remain sick and can't run around after her outside. Surprisingly, I can't give her the stimulation that 12 other toddlers can give her....... ;)
I'm hoping the neighbor's grandson will show up and Leia can play with him. Or Leia's daycare friend down the street will come and play with Leia.

Fredrik is taking a week off for Pappa-leave during Leia's last daycare-free week. To give me a helping hand. By the third week, of sleeping troubles and no daycare, I think I will be pulling out my hair.. ;) So he'll be home for I think it is 11 days straight. He is taking the Friday before and the Monday after. So he'll get to spend plenty of time with Leia and I get some help. And maybe we can get some things done around the house. Like yard work and painting the outside of the house. Maybe we can even try to take a trip to the summer house if Leia seems to be getting any better.


A few pictures!

Our trip to the US wasn't complete without a few 'I ♥ NY' shirts for Leia. :)



Leia's ant picture, made with thumbprints, and the frame she made.



Leia's ladybug rock.



Which reminds me that I need to look up some crafts for us to do these next few weeks. She is a bit tired of just coloring..... So we need to find some age approriate things to do that are easy and the materials are easy to come across.


We've been starting potty-training for Leia. Which isn't going too bad, but she still hasn't gone on the pot yet.. :( But one day I walked into the bathroom and this is what I found:



Evidently Mr. Kitty needs to be potty-trained too!

Upon our return to the US, the plan was to start potty training and take away the pacifier. Both have been pushed back a bit because of our troubles and lack of sleep. Since Leia now takes a bath without screaming the entire time, we are hoping to work more with everything else.








Big printers mean BIG sheets of paper, for all those maps that have to be printed. A big thank-you to one of Fredrik's workmates at Bengtsfors kommun, for giving Leia lots of paper to draw on. She went and got it for Fredrik after Fredrik told her that Leia colored on ALL the walls in one of our rooms. :D




Fredrik teaching Leia how to draw a crime scene body outline..... :D



But now it is 10.30, and I need to wake up Fredrik so that I can shower and start making quiche. And Leia just put in Harry Potter in the DVD player and sat down in her chair -- so we'll see if she actually watches any of it or not. :) I'm SO excited for the new movie !!!!!! (Ha- she watched it for about 5 seconds and then took it out.)

2 comments:

mormor said...

These are the greatest pictures!!! They just keep getting better!! She did really well on her crafts. Hey, maybe she will study forensics;)

SwedishJenn said...

Hi there! Commenting on the daycare conunundrum. Boy I feel your pain. I recently switched my son to a Montessori school here in Uppsala, which he starts on august 17th. Well the summer school he's currently attending (a feeder school for local municipality schools) is finished at the end of July, at which point he would have gone back to his old school. So really, I wouldn't have "lost" any care time. But now that he's starting this new school, run be a parents' cooperative, the school shuts down for 6 WEEKS in the summer and apparently this will be the first time in the school's history where they've had the look after placing a child somewhere for the 6 WEEKS the school will be shut down. Long story short: To send him to what I consider a far better school, I am putting them into a hugely uncomfortable position of having to arrange care while they take 6 WEEKS off in the summer. Their problem. Can you imagine parents are able to take 6 WEEKS vacation in the summer? Well we're not that Swedish yet. And I'll have to take 2 weeks at the beginning of August with him at home so he won't have to go back to his old school before he starts another new one. Oy. Next summer should be interesting...