Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sleeeeeep...

Sleep is something we definitely need right now. :/ This is one of those times when you need a Farmor or Mormor around so that they can keep the children a couple of days so that you can sleeeeep.

I've been sick since Saturday. And then Fredrik ate a bad shrimp sandwich on Sunday. Well.. it was a good sandwich, but a little old.. so we think he had a mild case of food poisoning. (He ate a sandwich on Sunday bought from a store that had been made at least on Friday....) :)) So no more shrimp sandwiches on the weekend.. :))

Then Leia didn't sleep on Monday night, and I was up all night with her. And then she didn't sleep on Tuesday night, and Fredrik was up all night with her that night. (Teeth.) She finally slept last night, but now Fredrik and I are SO tired that we are having trouble falling asleep. :/ I try to nap during the day, but I can't. I'm not a nap taker, and I'm just so over tired that I can't relax to fall asleep.

So we both really need 2 days straight of sleep.. :))
I told Fredrik we should ask the neighbor to take Leia for a couple of days. :D

Otherwise, I think all is going well!

Fredrik isn't as busy at work anymore. The replacement boss has taken over. And today two of his older, female workmates wanted him to ask me how to make good American hamburgers. :)) Theirs are always dry and they wanted help. So I was very pleased to help out. :)

I went and talked to the "studievägledare" at school (guidance councilor) here in town.. and talked to her about signing up for classes this Fall. So we talked about that and I am definitely going to take Svenska B (Swedish B) and Engelska C (English C), and not sure what else after that. Maybe Samhällskunskap A (Civics A). What else I take will depend on what I need for the University course that I hope to take after I finish my Swedish B class. Swedish B is required to go to University in Sweden.

The "studievägledare" found me a university course at Karlstad's University that is 90 points (1½ years), and it will make me a qualified teacher in Sweden. So.. that is my goal. If I can get through my Swedish course this Fall and if I am accepted to the university course. So we'll see how that goes.

Leia is trying more and more to say things.

mumma = blomma (flower)
babatta = vatten (water)
bapp = napp (pacifier)
boda = groda (frog)

Most of what she is saying is Swedish. She now screams "åtta" every time she sees an 8 !! :)

Everything with a face is called "apa" (monkey).
Everything with four legs says "roof roof."
Everything with a long tail is "cat."
Everything yellow, and sorta long is "nana" (banana).

And I'm sure there are some others, but I can't think of them now. :)

1 comment:

mormor said...

Sorry things are not too good right now. You may have to wait until you get here to sleep!!!!