Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Horrible, I know.

I have just been awful with blogging.. :/ Honestly, I'm losing a taste for it. :( I've had a blog consistently since late 1998..! I guess I am a little tired of it.. :D

We've.. not done too much. Trying to keep up with yard work. We finally decided to leave Caesar at the summer house while we are away during June. We couldn't find anyone that could/would keep him for 3 weeks. Especially since he wants to be outside all the time. So we'll leave him at the summer house, and the neighbors and friends will keep an eye on him and make sure he has food and all that stuff. :)

The neighbor will come and water the plants, so that is good! We still have to put a hold on our mail. Fredrik filed for his VISA Waiver to be able to enter the United States. Luckily Leia and I don't have to worry about that.

I received my passport back from the US Embassy. So we just have to finalize packing plans, and then I think we are almost ready to leave!

Leia has completely gotten rid of her aggressive behavior! It makes us so happy. :) We have a little routine at night where she gives mommy and daddy tons of kisses and each of us a big hug. But unfortunately she always lunges at me open mouthed.. :/ I don't want the open mouthed kisses... :D

She is a pleasure to be around and she is enjoying us. :) She is great at daycare still. It goes back and forth on if she eats or not, and then she is the same with sleeping. Sometimes nothing, sometimes an hour, etc.. but she is happy either way. :) I've tried putting her down for a nap then after she gets home, but that usually ends up making her more cranky.. so we don't do that anymore.. :D

The trip is coming up so close. :/ A little scary almost how quickly time has flown by.. :/

Leia had her first popsicle of the year!
Fredrik thought that I was daffy for stripping down to her diaper.. :))














And then during dinner, she got to feed some of her chicken to Caesar:





She definitely loves spicy food and chicken. Rice can be popular too. She very much just decides if she is going to eat what is offered or not. Without even trying. So if she eats, she eats well, whatever it may be.

Oooh..! And we can't leave Caesar at home while we are away because the fireplace fixing guys are going to try to come while we are away and fix the fireplace then! So that would be wonderful. But something else to think about before we leave: We have to completely empty the living room. It will be a bit dusty. :) Will be wonderful to have it finished. Then it has to sit and dry for 3 months, be tested, and then we can use it. Yay!

I still have my cold. Ugh.. it won't go away. :/ The coughing is getting better though but it is taking forever.

Fredrik and I are trying to figure out all the movies we want to see while we are in the US. :) Lots of great movies are going to be out then. And our dear friend Carie is planning a flight from Kansas to Ohio so that we can all see each other - how awesome is that?! So we'll get to meet her new daughter, Lillie, and she'll get to see Leia again. It'll be great. :)

I swear to God I spend half my day washing dishes and half my day picking up after Leia.. :/ She ate cat food today. :/ Pretty nasty if I do say so myself.. :/

The weather has been beautiful! Warm and sunny for the most part. But of course the first evening that we put out the water sprinkler...... it rains that night. :D Of course. :) And it has been raining off and on since then. *sigh* Isn't that always how it is??

I am desperately procrastinating studying for my Swedish driver's license. I think for the most part because it is SO silly that I have to take all the tests. If British people can exchange their licenses.. then you would think that we would be able to -- at least we drive on the same side of the road as Swedes ! It has to do with agreements between countries and all that. Grr..

Hmm.. Trying to think of some other stuff.. :/ I'm sure there is plenty. I think that is why it is difficult for me to write. :/ So many little things happen during the day that I want to share that it just becomes too much and overwhelming.

Okay - I've been writing this for awhile now and it is WAY past bedtime.. :/ I'll try to not be so bad about writing.. :/

1 comment:

mormor said...

Great pictures!!! We are getting excited about you all coming over:)